Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results aside, I am seeing improvements. The few games have been far from dull, and to be honest, we could have won all three against (and note these names) Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs. We didn't, we got just one point (as you all know), and it's this that Puel will be judged on.

What I'm hoping for is a continuation of the improvements, with a more clinical aspect to our finishing and final third play. With some 'easier' fixtures coming up, and less of a showcase atmosphere, the fear is that we don't play with the same intent, and don't pick up some much needed wins. If this happens, the owner's hand will be forced, and it will be Puel out, a few more years of disruption and instability, and probably a downward spiral.

With this, I'm going to back Puel for now, and have a little bit of faith that the tide is starting to turn and we are on the, much delayed, way up.

The interview I seen post match (think it was BBC interview), Puel said he was happy for Vardy to take it if he wanted it.

That to me suggests he was happy for whoever was going to take it to do so or let Vardy take it if he felt confident.

Obviously we'll never know exactly what happened but it seems Vardy was overconfident.

I disagree with the notion he shouldn't have taken it with only just coming on, not ideal I do agree, but he's meant to be one of the best strikers in the league and he really should be able to put a penalty away if he was dragged from his bed in the middle of the night to do so.

The one who did in 17 mins what no other player could in 76 might have been a good option.

Yes it is. But he converted one chance. Which is one more than any of the players selected ahead of him.
By coming off the bench, he was hungry and wanted to prove a point.
If he had been on from the start, I don't think he would have been in that position to score.
(Going on his recent game showing, and not what he did 3 years ago!)

I'm so done

The killer for me is finally getting Tielemans in the team and at the same time dropping the man who has been desperate for his service for 2 years.

Stupid ****er

For what it's worth I think CP dropped JV for the comments after the Man Utd match.

IF JV did say what has been reported then I think CP had no option but to drop him, I would have done exactly the same.

If he didn't say what has been reported and he was rested then that was a stupid decision.

For what it's worth I think CP dropped JV for the comments after the Man Utd match.

IF JV did say what has been reported then I think CP had no option but to drop him, I would have done exactly the same.

If he didn't say what has been reported and he was rested then that was a stupid decision.

I would have fined the **** out of him, and then played him knowing full well he’s our best striker by a country mile.

By coming off the bench, he was hungry and wanted to prove a point.
If he had been on from the start, I don't think he would have been in that position to score.
(Going on his recent game showing, and not what he did 3 years ago!)
You made that up and expect some of us to believe it?

Give him the ball in the right areas of the pitch and he will convert 1 out of every 2-3 chances.

We finally have a player who can bring the ball forward and feed into where Vardy lurks and uncle Claude decides it's a good idea to drop him.

Why is Choudhury not playing as well, 3 great performances and now he's doing a Mahrez.

Priceless stupidity and ignorance.

You made that up and expect some of us to believe it?

Give him the ball in the right areas of the pitch and he will convert 1 out of every 2-3 chances.

We finally have a player who can bring the ball forward and feed into where Vardy lurks and uncle Claude decides it's a good idea to drop him.

Why is Choudhury not playing as well, 3 great performances and now he's doing a Mahrez.

Priceless stupidity and ignorance.
Would it really have made much of a difference if I had put, "In my opinion"?
I think not! [IMO].
At the end of the day, you believe what you want to believe. [you are allowed to - at the moment anyway-]
Personally, I believe there is a load of bollox spouted on this and all other forums, but that's only my opinion.
Some of the bollox I may have even spouted myself, whether you choose to believe it or not, is entirely up to you, I certainly don't expect it!

From Garth Crooks team of the week article. Couldn't agree more.

The fact that Claude Puel keeps Jamie Vardy on the Leicester bench when it's patently obvious that he's the best striker at the club is ludicrous.
Whatever problems exist between the manager and the player need to be resolved. This nonsense is killing the team.

From Garth Crooks team of the week article. Couldn't agree more.

The fact that Claude Puel keeps Jamie Vardy on the Leicester bench when it's patently obvious that he's the best striker at the club is ludicrous.
Whatever problems exist between the manager and the player need to be resolved. This nonsense is killing the team.
You know things are really shit when Garth Crooks is speaking more sense than the manager. How low do we want to go?

Having dropped JV for yesterday's match I hope that is the end of any dispute between the two of them, it would not be good for either's reputation and future for any dispute to linger.

Both of them should be big enough enough to draw a line under the episode and move on.

It certainly cost us yesterday. I'm all for giving young players a chance and I kind of like the fact that Puel is prepared to drop some of the bigger names if he feels they are underperforming or whatever. However, in this case it backfired when Barnes missed a hatful of golden opportunities and I don't think it's that Vardy has been underperforming at all - he's virtually been feeding off scraps due to the way we have been playing and that's down to Puel. Granted the last few games in particular we have been improving but I still have the feeling this will be another false dawn and we'll go back to struggling against the lowly clubs now that we have an 'easier' run.

Yesterday our finishing was criminal. In other games we've been creating opportunities but not particularly decent or clear cut ones. Yesterday was a different story. With better finishing that should have been a 3-3 or 4-3 game. They capitalised on some of our small errors and we were utterly wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757