Post Match Tottenham 6 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, this should have been done ****ing ages ago.
Thing is, we played very well tonight bar defensive errors.

But, I know, you're right, those errors need to come to the responsibility of the manager at some stage.

I do feel sad, as I thought we were making huge strides in being a genuine top 8 club with BR at the helm, I'm genuinely shocked at how fast that has seemingly unravelled.

Thing is, we played very well tonight bar defensive errors.

But, I know, you're right, those errors need to come to the responsibility of the manager at some stage.

I do feel sad, as I thought we were making huge strides in being a genuine top 8 club with BR at the helm, I'm genuinely shocked at how fast that has seemingly unravelled.
We've pissed it all up the wall.

It's gone

We are horrific out of possession.

Our bizarre positioning, marking, and our almost complete lack of running as a team is borderline kids football standard. The players confidence is clearly shot but so many players seem incapable of doing basic things.

That speaks of a squad lost and confused and not together. They've not been properly prepared in pre-season (again) and they are not properly instructed.

The set piece thing is just beyond even kids football now. It's simply not credible that a manager and coaching team can be this incompetent accidentally.

Rodgers is desperate to be sacked. He doesn't want to be here as much as we don't want him here. The responsiblility for this sits with Top, Whelan and Rudkin who have made a complete mess of running this club for a while now.

So I don't blame any players for this result today. Or the manager for holding out for millions of pounds that the club committed to pay him. I'd do the same.

All of us fans, as well as the players and management staff are being ridiculed in public by an ownership utterly out of touch with reality. On reflection, it was clear enough in the summer that the club and the manager were on totally different wavelengths. All we're seeing is what happens when you conduct a masochistic experiment of pretending not to notice what is blindingly obvious.

You just know we're coming for you.....
You want to worry about the mess your own team is in mate. If beating us is the highlight of your season we’ll see you in the Championship next season.

BR - "You didn’t see a team playing with no conviction, no authority, no bravery. You’ve seen a team that is doing everything to get back in the game". Really?

I read that. Mental.
‘I come in everyday and do my work’ really got me. Literally put me in mind of Brendan sitting at a little table doodling with his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth.

Checking his Facebook every five minutes.
Lean back in the chair, biiiig stretch and ‘any of you guys want a coffee?’

Seriously. What does he do all week? It’s amazing, the club is basically being scammed.

Lean back in the chair, biiiig stretch and ‘any of you guys want a coffee?’

Seriously. What does he do all week? It’s amazing, the club is basically being scammed.
It was better when he didn't have any time to coach them last season

It was better when he didn't have any time to coach them last season

The first 3 we conceded were classic examples of how he's put us in this position and how we'll never get out with him here. Defending set pieces was ignored for a ridiculous amount of time. Pissing about at the back is another trademark that doesn't get mentioned enough by pundits etc.

The first 3 we conceded were classic examples of how he's put us in this position and how we'll never get out with him here. Defending set pieces was ignored for a ridiculous amount of time. Pissing about at the back is another trademark that doesn't get mentioned enough by pundits etc.
When we beat Liverpool at home last season, which was obviously completely unexpected, we started by passing around at the back and then switched to just kicking it long, once it became obvious that it was actually causing us problems. It was a good example of trying to do something, but being able to adapt if it isn’t working. We now seem to be of the mindset that whatever we’ve planned to do, we’re just going to carry on regardless, even when it’s blatantly not working.

There was a time, a couple of seasons ago, where we looked competent playing out from the back, but it’s clearly not working now, so why are we persisting with it?

When we beat Liverpool at home last season, which was obviously completely unexpected, we started by passing around at the back and then switched to just kicking it long, once it became obvious that it was actually causing us problems. It was a good example of trying to do something, but being able to adapt if it isn’t working. We now seem to be of the mindset that whatever we’ve planned to do, we’re just going to carry on regardless, even when it’s blatantly not working.

There was a time, a couple of seasons ago, where we looked competent playing out from the back, but it’s clearly not working now, so why are we persisting with it?

The only thing that makes sense is that it works in favour of Brendan's goal of the last year or so.

Miguel Vitor perhaps? Or did he play before then?

He got sent off pretty early on in the 1-6 fiasco against Portsmouth, which was his league debut. His first appearance had been a few days earlier also against Pompey, in the League Cup which City won 2-1.

My main memory of him was of promise unfulfilled, though being badly injured in a game against Ipswich on an ice skating rink of a pitch didn't help.

Still he eventually made a career for himself in Israel, and became an Israeli international this year, having been granted Israeli citizenship and apparently undergoing "an orthodox conversion" - possibly indicating a degree of physical commitment we could do with in our current back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757