Post Match Tottenham 6 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the highlights. All good them absolutely appalling defending. Ward’s positioning, too, is dreadful.

He’s been a little unlucky to play behind such a mess, but he needs to be taken out of the firing line asap.

Having been exiled in Oz for the last 10 years I'm coming home in two week and actually managed to source a ticket for the Forest game! I cannot ****ing wait. One thing is guaranteed, a memorable night. If he's still in charge and we play like we have been playing he will need a skin that is thicker than his brain.

Having been exiled in Oz for the last 10 years I'm coming home in two week and actually managed to source a ticket for the Forest game! I cannot ****ing wait. One thing is guaranteed, a memorable night. If he's still in charge and we play like we have been playing he will need a skin that is thicker than his brain.
Where in Oz are you?

Just watched the highlights. All good them absolutely appalling defending. Ward’s positioning, too, is dreadful.

He’s been a little unlucky to play behind such a mess, but he needs to be taken out of the firing line asap.
We have no vocal presence at the back now Kasper has gone.

Evans is captain but he doesn't come across as having the same presence and respect that Kasper had.

Ward is the complete opposite of this and comes across as being as timid as can be, as shown by the disallowed goal.

He has been a bit unlucky in that some of the goals we have let in, have been excellent strikes but his lack of command is really compounding our issue.

He could fit in somewhere that doesn't rely on the goalkeeper organising the whole defence, we used to laugh at Kasper's shouts of 'head away' all the time, but it seems the players actually needed to be told that every time!

Iversen definitely should be given a chance now as Ward in goal is clearly not working.

On the whole, Evans has been an okay signing for us. He’s not been terrible but he’s also not been as good as some would have you believe. He was past his best when we signed him and that regression has only hastened with the passing of time. And let’s be honest, his best was never top-drawer. Yes he was at Man Utd and won a lot of medals. But so did John O’Shea.

On the whole, Evans has been an okay signing for us. He’s not been terrible but he’s also not been as good as some would have you believe. He was past his best when we signed him and that regression has only hastened with the passing of time. And let’s be honest, his best was never top-drawer. Yes he was at Man Utd and won a lot of medals. But so did John O’Shea.
I think for £3:5 million pounds Evans has been an excellent signing, he made Maguire look like Maldini.

However Ward at £12 million has been very poor

I think that’s harsh on Evans. Yes, he’s struggled with injuries more recently, but he was excellent at first.

South Aussie, Port Lincoln
No doubt an Optus Sport subscriber? Imagine being able to watch every single second of the shit show of a season so far? And not only that, staying up until the wee hours to do so, or getting up stupidly early to do so. Painful. I'm sure there are some in the UK that find a feed of the match and go through the same pain, but it's so incredibly accessible here (and cheap).

No doubt an Optus Sport subscriber? Imagine being able to watch every single second of the shit show of a season so far? And not only that, staying up until the wee hours to do so, or getting up stupidly early to do so. Painful. I'm sure there are some in the UK that find a feed of the match and go through the same pain, but it's so incredibly accessible here (and cheap).
Yep, every (painful) minute of every single game, and it was free if you had an OPTUS phone. It's all live or watchable at any time, but I still get up early or stay up late in wee small hours to watch it live. I can't believe the confusing, expensive, shit state of watching live football in England. It sounds horrendous?

another couple of records.

“Having struck in the first minute when losing 5-2 to Brighton & Hove Albion in their previous game, Leicester are the first team in the Premier League era to score first but concede five or more goals in successive matches; they are also the first since Wimbledon in October 1996 to take the lead but concede an equaliser by the tenth minute in consecutive games.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757