Pre Match Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane and Alli still out?

Son is still going to provide problems. Fairly under appreciated player.

For us I'd like to see Puel try and address some of the issues that have been plaguing us for a while. The constant isolation of Vardy, the dodgey midfield pairing. It's up to the players to sort out the sloppy starts. Personally Id go 4-4-2, Barnes alongside Vardy, play Maddison and Choudhury as the midfield pairing and keep the same back for as against Man U.

IMO Choudhury is the closest thing we've got to Kante, an energetic ball winner. Ndidi doesn't have his pace and both him and Mendy have pretty poor ball control. I'd like to see someone in the middle who can pick out a pass in a crowded area like Maguire does.

The midfild pairing is our key problem right now. Mendy should certainly be dropped. Obviously we've got Tielemans now as well but I'd like to see us drop Maddison back into midfield and get him involved in the game more like he was at Norwich. He's not been doing enough/ involved enough from further up the pitch. You can still then give him license to get forward whilst Choudhury acts as the holding midfielder. As far as Tielemans goes I'd wager he could fill in either of those two positions..

Schmeichel

Ricardo
Maguire
Evans
Chilwell

Choudhury
Tielemans

Albrighton
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

I was talking about Albrighton and quoting someone that said "Still" when an injury was mentioned, I'm sorry you couldn't work that out for yourself
I did, I was being ironic. I’m sorry you couldn’t work that out for yourself.

Against Man U, there was several times Mendy was in a good position to shoot, but passed the ball instead.
Teams need to be frightened of giving our players space 20 - 25 yards out.
That certainly isn't the case at the moment.
If the new boy can shoot on sight, he may be the answer, so put him in for Mendy, as the only change. I M O.

There, I’ve helped you:

using or characterized by irony.

"his mouth curved into an ironic smile"

synonyms:sarcastic, sardonic, dry, caustic, sharp, stinging, scathing, acerbic, acid, bitter, trenchant, mordant, cynical; More

A serious question:

If Puel was to come out (NO Homer) in the press and state that this season was designed to get his players getting used to his style of play ant that next season he would be ready to release them from the shackles and with new players would play better football as we all want.

Would we want him to stay?

A serious question:

If Puel was to come out (NO Homer) in the press and state that this season was designed to get his players getting used to his style of play ant that next season he would be ready to release them from the shackles and with new players would play better football as we all want.

whilst some on here may change their mind and I'm sure they will say if that's the case, for a large section of the people that want him gone it's seemed like they have just never accepted him as manager and probably never will.

The atmosphere is toxic at home games, Kasper did his usual of over hitting a simple ball to a full back and it sounded like the ref had turned down a blatant penalty around me in the Kop.

For the job he is doing I do not want Puel out but in the summer it almost has to happen as its the only thing that will resolve this

A serious question:

Nope.

If that was his plan, surely he would have taken the two thirds of last season to embed his 'philosophy' and then use last summer to recruit the missing players to make it work?

No manager can afford to piss around for 18 months without consequences nowadays. Puel was sacked in less than a year by Southampton who, at that time, really didn't do that sort of thing. If he didn't learn from that, he's even more of an idiot than I thought.

The other point I'd make is that players don't sit around for years waiting for their managers to find themselves. Our better players will want to leave this summer unless we make a major statement of intent in terms of sacking Puel and bringing in a strong replacement.

Our squad is very good. I won't have it that we're not good enough for 7th place and 60 points. We have the talent and the proven ability. The manager just refuses to play to their strengths because he thinks he knows best. He's not going to suddenly stop being like this is we give him another summer.

I'm just counting down the games - 13 more of Puel-ball until we can begin to look forward to going to matches again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757