Pre Match Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the majority of those commenting haven't actually seen the press conference.

Clearly the majority of those commenting haven't actually seen the press conference.

I assumed what BN quoted was accurate. It was, but taken out of context, so it looks worse than it really is.

I assumed what BN quoted was accurate. It was, but taken out of context, so it looks worse than it really is.

When someone posts a small quote like that or decides not to include a whole post you can almost guarantee it is being taken out of context.

It's something that very few on here seem to understand but it does make it funny to sit back and see the bed wetting replies rather than counter BN's post. I just wish it was possible to bet on which posters were going to bite on it.

For all of you who couldn't be bothered to form your own opinion, the quote was from in response to being asked about Spurs' title challenge and if we were trying to emulate their model of young, mainly British players.

And before he responded, he did get his translator to repeat the question to him in French.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument though.

It looks MUCH worse than it really is. Fake news.

People keep talking about Puel's translator. It would be an interpreter, not a translator.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument though...

My team for tomorrow would be
Schmeichel
Pereira Evans Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi
Tielemans Maddison
Gray Barnes
Vardy

It's alreet, we're above (and below) some absolute shite so we can plod along until the summer.

Cardiff keep picking up results, Burnley are scrapping away, Southampton have overcome their malaise, Palace will get 3 points from us, Newcastle have a proper manager.

We are long shots, but we probably need three point sooner rather than later.

Cardiff keep picking up results, Burnley are scrapping away, Southampton have overcome their malaise, Palace will get 3 points from us, Newcastle have a proper manager.

We are long shots, but we probably need three point sooner rather than later.

Two sides look doomed. Of the rest, it will be one from ten that still need some points. We'd have to be some sort of awful to be the one. Two wins from our next thirteen matches isn't a lot to get. And we play both doomed sides. Even I wouldn't bet on it.

Two sides look doomed. Of the rest, it will be one from ten that still need some points. We'd have to be some sort of awful to be the one. Two wins from our next thirteen matches isn't a lot to get. And we play both doomed sides. Even I wouldn't bet on it.
Oh, please go on and do it. At least for all those with nerves like snowflakes.

Feck me, boys, we may be shite, but we're not that feckin' shite

When someone posts a small quote like that or decides not to include a whole post you can almost guarantee it is being taken out of context.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good argument though.

When your manager says this in a press conference a couple of days before playing the team, how is it out of context? A press conference is designed to be a series of quotes to be used. Getting any kind of coherent sentence out of him in any context is something to be celebrated.

We're playing a side that are without their best two players and who will likely have to rest some because of their Champions League game on Wednesday. It's a terrific time to be playing them. They've been struggling to get over the line in games recently too. Pochettino is whining about having to play us on Sunday. It's ideal.

We should have nothing to fear from Spurs. We should be right up for it and our manager should make it clear to anyone that will listen that we're going there to win.

I just hope that the players have learnt to ignore everything the eejit says in press conferences, team talks and on the training ground. He just drains any optimism or positivity.

Bed-wetting
Snowflakes
Fickle Boneheads
So-called fans

'tis the modern vernacular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881