Pre Match Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, definitely no one getting worked up here - worries about relegation!?! FFS!

Out of all that nonsense, only one constructive post.

Pretty much a full house though.

When your manager says this in a press conference a couple of days before playing the team, how is it out of context? A press conference is designed to be a series of quotes to be used. Getting any kind of coherent sentence out of him in any context is something to be celebrated.

We're playing a side that are without their best two players and who will likely have to rest some because of their Champions League game on Wednesday. It's a terrific time to be playing them. They've been struggling to get over the line in games recently too. Pochettino is whining about having to play us on Sunday. It's ideal.

We should have nothing to fear from Spurs. We should be right up for it and our manager should make it clear to anyone that will listen that we're going there to win.

I just hope that the players have learnt to ignore everything the eejit says in press conferences, team talks and on the training ground. He just drains any optimism or positivity.

But it was taken out of context, he was saying that we aren't at the level of being able to compete for the title.

Unless you think we are at that level?

Puel is most certainly not the perfect manager but a lot of these arguments/posts against are just getting silly.

Great odds.

Indeed. I compared our season to 2000/2001 elsewhere. That season, after the Wycombe debacle, we took three points from our last ten matches. Complete freefall once the confidence had gone and the manager was a buffoon.

I really don't think we'll collapse so dramatically but £750 for no real outlay would soften the blow. Horror mitigation is always worth considering.

But it was taken out of context, he was saying that we aren't at the level of being able to compete for the title.

Unless you think we are at that level?

I think Spurs have the 5th/6th best squad in the league and we have the 7th best squad.

I think that the gap between us and Spurs in terms of squad quality is a lot less than the gap between us and, say, Bournemouth. I used Bournemouth because they're the side closest to us in the league and they battered us when we played them.

I don't think either us or Spurs are competing for the title.

And just as a reminder. Days spent top of Premier League since Sept 2014:

Leicester 149
Spurs 0

For the record...

I have only looked at this page today in this thread
I haven’t clicked the link
I haven’t heard the press conference
I don’t know what Puel said.

But he is still shite. His tenure and ability as a football manager is still defined brilliantly by his tactics against 10 man Southampton.

He still needs to go. In fact, I’m staggered he still has a job.

I look forward to reading about him in the ex-managers thread.

Nah he’ll have said it in public where they can’t hear it

So the players are so thick that they can't understand that the manager might say one thing for public consumption and another to encourage them?

So the players are so thick that they can't understand that the manager might say one thing for public consumption and another to encourage them?
The problem with this, is that there is very little evidence that he is saying anything to encourage them. We seem to be falling quicker than Madonna's knickers and our starts to matches are, if it's possible, getting worse and worse.

The problem with this, is that there is very little evidence that he is saying anything to encourage them. We seem to be falling quicker than Madonna's knickers and our starts to matches are, if it's possible, getting worse and worse.
When Ranieri kept saying 40 points it was clear that he was using his avuncular personality to everyones’ advantage and deploying a quite remarkable trait called ‘a sense of humour’.

Puel is a grey cloud of a man, with grey thoughts and grey techniques.

Puel still needs to go, as a result we will probably win this.

When Ranieri kept saying 40 points it was clear that he was using his avuncular personality to everyones’ advantage and deploying a quite remarkable trait called ‘a sense of humour’.

Puel is a grey cloud of a man, with grey thoughts and grey techniques.
He's like an incarnation of John Major's Spitting Image puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757