Pre Match Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not kicked off, is there a tube strike or something?

For the past few seasons we’ve gone into a Spurs game fairly confident , and come away battered and bruised.
This game it seems we are completely written off by all and sundry
Maybe, just maybe ….

For the past few seasons we’ve gone into a Spurs game fairly confident , and come away battered and bruised.
This game it seems we are completely written off by all and sundry
Maybe, just maybe ….
No, we'll still get battered and bruised. There is no point being optimistic. My only hope is that Rodgers gets sacked afterwards.

Head-to-head

• Tottenham have won seven of the nine most recent Premier League meetings. They could win four consecutive league matches against the Foxes for the first time.
  • Leicester have lost four of their past five top-flight fixtures away to Spurs, conceding at least three goals in each defeat.

Tottenham Hotspur

• Spurs have won six successive Premier League home games, their best such run at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
  • A seventh consecutive home league win would be their longest streak since a sequence of 14 victories at White Hart Lane between November 2016 and May 2017.
  • This will be Tottenham's seventh league match of the season and the sixth to be played in London.
  • Antonio Conte is unbeaten in eight Premier League matches as a manager against Leicester, winning seven.
  • Son Heung-min has had 17 shots in this season's Premier League - no player who is yet to score has had more prior to the latest round of fixtures.

Leicester City

• A sixth consecutive league defeat for Leicester would be their worst run since a similar streak between November and December 2014.
  • They are in danger of failing to win any of their opening seven top-flight games for the first time since 1983-84, when their winless start extended to 10 matches.
  • Leicester have dropped 24 points from winning positions in the Premier League in 2022, eight more than any other side. That includes a league-high eight points this term.
  • Jamie Vardy is set to make his 277th Premier League appearance, surpassing Kasper Schmeichel as Leicester's record appearance maker in the competition.
  • Vardy is one short of scoring 100 Premier League goals since turning 30.

“Leicester have lost four of their past five top-flight fixtures away to Spurs, conceding at least three goals in each defeat.”

yep, I think it will be five from six for this stat by 8pm tomorrow.

“They are in danger of failing to win any of their opening seven top-flight games for the first time since 1983-84, when their winless start extended to 10 matches.”

and to think this was my first season supporting City, scrapbook and all. Stayed up with a canter that season, didn’t we? Couple of 5 goal wins v Villa and Coventry IIRC?

And here I am nearly 39 years later hoping for the same. Cov result aside.

“They are in danger of failing to win any of their opening seven top-flight games for the first time since 1983-84, when their winless start extended to 10 matches.”

and to think this was my first season supporting City, scrapbook and all. Stayed up with a canter that season, didn’t we? Couple of 5 goal wins v Villa and Coventry IIRC?

Correction

was Wolves and Notts County that season.
The Villa and Cov hammerings were 84-85.

We scored enough goals to stay afloat with Lineker, Smith and Lynex.

1663343998357.png

“The 29-year-old - who spent the second half of the 2012-13 season on loan at the King Power Stadium - has racked up an astounding 19 goals in 18 games against the Foxes in all tournaments, 17 of which have come in the Premier League.

Should Kane manage to bag a hat-trick in Saturday's game, he would equal the record set by Shearer for the most goals against a single opponent in the Premier League, with the 52-year-old scoring 20 against Leeds United.”

And the Athletic column on fantasy football this week has two references to “you should pick these Spurs players, they are playing Leicester after all”.

Harry Kane to score twice and BN to get another message from the street = Evens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758