hobbs
tunchev

gradel
king
oakley
dyer

fryatt
howard

i wouldnt be surprised to see adams instead of gradel. mustard though he is, i think gradel will make a better impact player later on to come on with dickov or campbell

Last edited:
definatly a good buzz around, so i'm thinking 2-0 city fryatt and oakley

henderson

gilbert
morrison
hobbs
tunchev

gradel
king
oakley
dyer

fryatt
howard

i wouldnt be surprised to see adams instead of gradel. mustard though he is, i think gradel will make a better impact player later on to come on with dickov or campbell

i agree with your line up but that all :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i agree with your line up but that all :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

granted i have no idea about how tranmere will play, but presume they will be physical and play a similar game to stockport, winding gradel up and kicking him around. I think adams will deal with that better and not get frustrated like gradel did last saturday.

0,,10274%7E3684222,00.jpg

Head To Head: Tranmere

Posted on: Thu 21 Aug 2008
HEAD TO HEAD
The two clubs have met just 12 times previously, with 8 of those clashes coming when league points were at stake. Overall, City have 6 wins to Rovers' 3 in the series to date.

EARLY MEETINGS
The first ever meeting came in the League Cup back in October 1963, with the Foxes winning 2-1 at Prenton Park. That result was replicated in the inaugural league fixture in March 1992. Rovers' first visit to Filbert Street came in April 1992 and was settled by a solitary Kevin Russell strike.

RECENT HISTORY
The last time that the clubs faced each other was at Wembley in February 2000, when a Matt Elliott brace secured the League Cup for the Foxes. The most recent league clashes came in City's promotion season of 1995-96: Martin O'Neill's Foxes drew 1-1 at Prenton Park in April, after Mark McGhee's City outfit had gone down 0-1 at Filbert Street the previous November.

BIGGEST WINS
There has never been more than one goal between the two teams, with the highest scoring fixture being a 3-2 City victory at Prenton Park in March 1993.

SEQUENCES
The last three meetings in Leicester have produced one win, one draw and one defeat. The last three overall meetings have produced the same pattern of results.

MARKSMEN
Matt Elliott and Ian Ormondroyd are City's leading scorers against Tranmere, with just two strikes apiece.

DEBUTANTS
The only Leicester player to make his debut against Tranmere was Colin Hill, back in March 1992.

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS
The smattering of players to have represented both clubs over the years includes Danny Coyne, Kevin Ellison, Paul Fitzpatrick, Iain Hume, Rob Kelly, Tony Knapp, Nicky Summerbee, Gavin Ward and Frank Worthington.

still don't agree mate ,Max has to learn to get over this ,im sure NP has said the same to him .

hhhmmm, suppose so, just having a good player like him there could be a tendancy to wrap him up in cotton wool, still wouldnt mind seeing adams get a league game though

still don't agree mate ,Max has to learn to get over this ,im sure NP has said the same to him .

When I saw Gradel play at Carlisle last season something similar happened.
He was getting harsh treatment from the Carlisle defenders, and reacted badly to it. It affected his game so much he was totally anonymous in the second half, after being the best player on the pitch in the first half. His own team mates had to step in at one stage, to stop him having a go at the Carlisle players.

He was getting harsh treatment from the Carlisle defenders, and reacted badly to it. It affected his game so much he was totally anonymous in the second half, after being the best player on the pitch in the first half. His own team mates had to step in at one stage, to stop him having a go at the Carlisle players.

Fair point ,so would you play adams instead :102:

do you think its down to him having a bad attitude or just lacking some disipline?

------------------------Martin-------------------------

Gilbert---------Hobbs------------Morrison------Tunchev

Gradel---------Oakley--------------King------------Dyer

------------------Dickov------Fryatt------------------

Same team as last week hopefully. I would like to see Adams on the bench though to give us a different option.

Hendo

Gilbert
Hobbs
Morrison
Tunchewunchypants

Gradel
Oakley
King
Dyer

Howard
Fryatt

s
Martin
Porter
Kish
Dickov
Worley

Adams had a poor game against Stockport in the Cup, I'd choose Gradel any day but as an option on the bench? Why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58