Transfer Embargo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

Can anyone answer this question? Do we still have a nationwide league transfer embargo? We got promoted with one last time and i have not noticed any official notification that it has been lifted. Therefore is it still in place?

this is usually the sort of question the foxes trust/webbo answers?

Lboro fox said:
Can anyone answer this question? Do we still have a nationwide league transfer embargo? We got promoted with one last time and i have not noticed any official notification that it has been lifted. Therefore is it still in place?

this is usually the sort of question the foxes trust/webbo answers?

I think that's why we've not signed anyone, just imagine if we weren't allowed to sign anybody! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA Proper F*cked

I think we'll be fine! Although, it is a good point to raise just in case those bastards at the Football League still have a grudge....

Scowcroft said:
I think we'll be fine! Although, it is a good point to raise just in case those bastards at the Football League still have a grudge....

... and they do :!: :roll: :wink:

The embago is no more, it`s ceased to be, all statements to the efect that the embago is still a going concern are no longer operative, it is an ex embago ! sorry, could`nt resist a bit of Monty Python :lol:

mad biker said:
The embago is no more, it`s ceased to be, all statements to the efect that the embago is still a going concern are no longer operative, it is an ex embago ! sorry, could`nt resist a bit of Monty Python :lol:

Code:
This is your nine o'clock alarm call! 

(Takes embargo out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.) 

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead embargo. 

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned! 

Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!? 

Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major. 

Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That embargo is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour 
     ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk. 

Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords. 

Mr. Praline: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home? 

Owner: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage! 

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that embargo when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the 
     first place was that it had been NAILED there. 

(pause) 

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and 
     VOOM! Feeweeweewee! 

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised! 

Owner: No no! 'E's pining! 

Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This embargo is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e 
     rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the 
     bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-embargo!! 

(pause) 

Owner: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, 
     we're right out of embargos. 

Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture. 

Owner: I got a slug. 

(pause) 

Mr. Praline: Pray, does it talk? 

Owner: Nnnnot really. 

Mr. Praline: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!? 

Owner: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet) 

Mr. Praline: Well. 

(pause) 

Owner: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place? 

Mr. Praline: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

mad biker said:
Ahh a kindred spirit ! things could get very silly if we`re not careful :wink:

Why not, it's Friday. :wink:

True, well, I was sittin at home, threatning the kids when I see`s this tank pull up and out get`s one of Dinsdales boys, so he chains me to the back of the tank, and takes me for a scrape down to Dinsdals place, and Dinsdale just sezz "I hear you`ve been a naughty boy Clement" and he slits me nostrils open, saws me leg off and pulls me liver out, and when I tell him my name`s not Clement he looses his temper and nails me head to the floor ! ( The embago`s off ) just to stick to the subject :wink:

mad biker said:
True, well, I was sittin at home, threatning the kids when I see`s this tank pull up and out get`s one of Dinsdales boys, so he chains me to the back of the tank, and takes me for a scrape down to Dinsdals place, and Dinsdale just sezz "I hear you`ve been a naughty boy Clement" and he slits me nostrils open, saws me leg off and pulls me liver out, and when I tell him my name`s not Clement he looses his temper and nails me head to the floor !

He was a hard man. Vicious but fair

Is there a minimum number of players each team needs in a squad? Are you allowed to play a match with less than 11 players?

Imagine if we couldn't sign anyone and had to do a whole season with 11 players. Awful.

Joe_Fox said:
Is there a minimum number of players each team needs in a squad? Are you allowed to play a match with less than 11 players?

Imagine if we couldn't sign anyone and had to do a whole season with 11 players. Awful.

Perfect time to bring O'Grady, Petrescu, Dodds, Wesolowski, Dawson, Stearman, Logan and Porter in to the frame

There's 19 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860