tribunal for Williams ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashov said:
Did we pay one for him or is it not sorted out yet ?

Unless someone knows different it sounds like it will almost certainly go to a tribunal. Neither side sound that bothered about settling before then, they seem to be sticking to their £3-5 Million position and we made a low offer (I heard a quote of £75K) I don’t know when the tribunal would be, sooner the better.

Forrest are having a bubble if they think they are going to get 7 figures. A tribunal covers the cost of Forrest training the player and is not suppossed to represent the players transfer value.

So if someone was able to say how long Williams was at Forrest it would give us a clearer indication.

trickytrev said:
So if someone was able to say how long Williams was at Forrest it would give us a clearer indication.

They got him in August '98 I believe, when he was 16.

so if some other less talented player who came up in the youth system with Williams were to leave now too would forest want the same compensation?! thought not, though there should be no reason why williams would be worth more if the rules are strictly adhered to (maybe you could argue that as williams played more 1st team football his training cost more but not several million more!!!).

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
so if some other less talented player who came up in the youth system with Williams were to leave now too would forest want the same compensation?! thought not, though there should be no reason why williams would be worth more if the rules are strictly adhered to (maybe you could argue that as williams played more 1st team football his training cost more but not several million more!!!).

SamJ

They have had to pay Williams wages during this time.

trickytrev said:
SamuearlJackson said:

SamJ

They have had to pay Williams wages during this time.

But you could say that the cost of the wages was the payment for the services they were getting at the time i.e. his playing rather than a cost of developing him and therefore should not be taken into account. I don't know if this would be how it's viewed but I don't see why we would have to pay a large amount of his wages while he was playing in their first team.

I agree with the tribunal system to protect small clubs who have good youth set-ups.

Forest can't have their cake and eat it though. If they thought he was worth £5 million they should have sold him last season with a year left on his contract, like we did with Piper!

If the player now turns round and says 'Forest are sh*te!' that is their fault and 'tough-titty!

We gambled, and lost, on keeping Muzzy when we probably could have sold him in January for £2 million. I see no difference here.

JKFOX said:
realistically it shouldnt be more than 500k.

Hopefully less. :wink: If he is worth 3-5 million they should have offered him 3-5 million wages. Typical of a club wanting its cake and eating it. :roll:

Come on people, read between the lines a bit. Forest don't expect a seven-figure fee. They're just trying to influence the tribunal slightly by stressing that they rate him highly - just as Leicester were putting a marker down with that 75k bid. For the record, I'm sure it will be 400-500k.

And hello by the way. I might stick around for some good-natured discussion if you think you can tolerate a "Red Dog" on here.

Trentside Toby said:
Come on people, read between the lines a bit. Forest don't expect a seven-figure fee. They're just trying to influence the tribunal slightly by stressing that they rate him highly - just as Leicester were putting a marker down with that 75k bid. For the record, I'm sure it will be 400-500k.

And hello by the way. I might stick around for some good-natured discussion if you think you can tolerate a "Red Dog" on here.

what made you stray onto this site or have you been here before know what i mean :wink:

Trentside Toby said:

i ain't got a problem if you are only on here for friendly banter and discussions about football in general.

always interesting to see how other fans looks at certain situations.

Trentside Toby said:

great some one we can make fun of. Do you know Marlon? :D

Trentside Toby said:

But neither club's valuation will have an effect on the amount of compensation payable, it has nothing to do with the valuations, how good he is, how many matches he's played, or how much he gets paid. Theonly thing the compensation is for is to cover the cost of his training and education.

FIFA's rules say the compensation payable is £40,000 for each year of training he's had between the ages of 12 and 21. So if he joined f*rest at 16 we'd have to pay £240,000 to f*rest, but we might also have to pay a fee to any club(s) he was with from the age of 12 to 16.
The tribunal doesn't have to strictly stick to FIFA's rules, but usually they add extras like sell on clauses and extra payments after a certain number of games, and keep the initial fee low.

webmaster said:
Trentside Toby said:

But neither club's valuation will have an effect on the amount of compensation payable, it has nothing to do with the valuations, how good he is, how many matches he's played, or how much he gets paid. Theonly thing the compensation is for is to cover the cost of his training and education.

FIFA's rules say the compensation payable is £40,000 for each year of training he's had between the ages of 12 and 21. So if he joined f*rest at 16 we'd have to pay £240,000 to f*rest, but we might also have to pay a fee to any club(s) he was with from the age of 12 to 16.
The tribunal doesn't have to strictly stick to FIFA's rules, but usually they add extras like sell on clauses and extra payments after a certain number of games, and keep the initial fee low.

Well done that man, fountain of all knowledge.

webmaster said:
This is obviously the crux - if it were 100% formulaic Forest wouldn't be posturing. And why would Leicester make an offer way below the cumulative training costs for Williams if not to try to influence the tribunal's decision about these extras?

£240k + £3m after 10 international caps would do nicely :lol:

Trentside Toby said:
And why would Leicester make an offer way below the cumulative training costs for Williams if not to try to influence the tribunal's decision about these extras?

Have you not heard of negotiation?

I doubt Leicester's offer was their final offer. If f*rest had shown an interest in negotiating I'm sure a suitable fee could have been agreed without the need for a tribunal. But with f*rest making such a ridiculous valuation they obviously have no interest in negotiating.
I bet Leicester's valuation is closer to the actual fee than f*rest's is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757