TRUST CALLS ON FANS TO BOYCOTT ?WIMBLEDON? FRIENDLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i went to see it, i'd be going to see Leicester City, not Wimbledon... therefore, whats the point of going to watch AFC Wimbledon vs Brentford? :roll:

Craig said:
If i went to see it, i'd be going to see Leicester City, not Wimbledon... therefore, whats the point of going to watch AFC Wimbledon vs Brentford? :roll:

The point of going to AFC Wimbledon v Brentford is you'd be showing solidarity with AFC fans, rather than putting money into the pockets of football club thieves.
The sooner Franchise FC go bust the better it will be for all football in this country. You have to look at the bigger picture. Franchise FC could be the thin end of the wedge, franchising needs to be stamped out before it becomes an accepted part of football in this country.

Here's an explanation from one of many AFC fans who contacted us:

"How would you like if your beloved Leicester City moved 90 miles down the MI to a new location purely for Financial reasons. The Fans of Wimbledon voted with their feet (and Wallets raising well over a million pounds) and established AFC Wimbledon-Please do not support the match against MK Dons-Football is about the Fans not a Franchising Opportunity.
Andrew Lee"

I won't be going. Why can't we set up a match against AFC Wimbledon at the Walkers? This would provide much needed revenue for them and in a lesser case us. Going to play Franchise FC is ridiculous. I know this argument has been had before but it really is stupid. There is a lot of things wrong with football and for some reason LCFC always seem to amplify these things. A vote with your feet and a no show from LCFC fans might show the powers that be this.

You just get the feeling that the club listened to fans for a short while when there was trouble at mill... now the new board has got it's feet under the table, it's back to "do what we like and sod what the fans think" and fleece them for every penny they've got along the way! :cry:

EMC Fox said:
You just get the feeling that the club listened to fans for a short while when there was trouble at mill... now the new board has got it's feet under the table, it's back to "do what we like and sod what the fans think" and fleece them for every penny they've got along the way! :cry:

Unfortunately I do get that feeling. Who is actually in charge at LCFC.

EMC Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:

Who knows? Are the powers in charge trying to get the debts down quicker? Is this to help the rebuilding or to start lining pockets (again?)

Pockets IMO.

the point is that there is no benefit at all to this match.
It is an act of gross insensitivity to the real football fan, and shows that certain people in our club has no comprehension whatsoever of what football is really about.
Frankly, I hate my club for organising and going ahead with this fixture.

I'll say it again, I hate them for it

I haven't come across anyone who believes it's a good thing - some people appear to be neutral on it but I haven't heard one "supporter" of it... Why has OUR club stopped listening to the fans? :x

Joe_Fox said:
EMC Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:

Who knows? Are the powers in charge trying to get the debts down quicker? Is this to help the rebuilding or to start lining pockets (again?)

Pockets IMO.

No that is wrong, there are no dividend pay outs for shareholders & none of the shareholders are looking for one. Having spoken with a number of shareholders over the last 12 months, they all put money in to save the club & don't expect to gain any revenue from it.

Well make them listen then FT... everyone wants our money - the Trust wants it the club wants it... we've had an issue here with moderation today... I think the club has issues with that word too!

Not many of us can afford it all!

homer said:
the point is that there is no benefit at all to this match.
It is an act of gross insensitivity to the real football fan, and shows that certain people in our club has no comprehension whatsoever of what football is really about.
Frankly, I hate my club for organising and going ahead with this fixture.

I'll say it again, I hate them for it

The fixture was arranged when the 'Wimbedon' manager called Micky to ask for the game. It was the footballing side of the club who made the decision.

Micky gave his word to their manager & doesn't want to let him down + the fixture fitted with wanting to play an ex-div one side not far away. Micky admitted he may have been naive in not thinking of the wider issues.

The surprise we had was Dave Bassett's views given his history with the club & that has disappointed many AFC fans.

EMC Fox said:
Well make them listen then FT... everyone wants our money - the Trust wants it the club wants it... we've had an issue here with moderation today... I think the club has issues with that word too!

Not many of us can afford it all!

Which issue is of the most concern to you ?

We have discussed many with the club since our existance - we can provide more details later on our discussions if you are more specific.

Somehow it feels like they are trying to fleece us from every angle this coming season...

18.9% APR for ST credit (I know I have a choice)
£5 credit card fee
Crazy match ticket prices (if I decide against getting a ST)
Pointless 120th Anniversary merchandise - cufflinks anyone?
Text to Win competitions that nobody ever seems to win...
And on top of all that - we have no players left...

Great Stuff!

But hey - at least we still have a club to support :roll:

EMC Fox said:
Somehow it feels like they are trying to fleece us from every angle this coming season...

1)18.9% APR for ST credit (I know I have a choice)
2) £5 credit card fee
3) Crazy match ticket prices (if I decide against getting a ST)
4) Pointless 120th Anniversary merchandise - cufflinks anyone?
5) Text to Win competitions that nobody ever seems to win...
And on top of all that - we have no players left...

Great Stuff!

But hey - at least we still have a club to support :roll:

1) Still don't know how many used the short term loan scheme last year, presume you have seen our website answer to avoid paying interest
http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=233

2) Well there is a cost which most companies absorb, our understanding is normally it isn't a fixed £5 fee

3) We will be discussing the match grading's with the club which is the key to how expensive a Div1 season is

4) Many fans would have seemed to have preferred if the club had said 'look we need money from kit sales, so we are going to introduce a 3rd kit which is allowed by Coca Cola rules. They have been honest & said it will only run for 1 season

Players on the way - we all just have to be patient

Micky made the decision? He made it for personal reasons then. It wasnt for footballing reasons, no chance. He wont back out cause he doesnt want to let his good old contacts down. And Bassett has a lot to do with it, he needs sorting out too, i've had enough of his rejection brigade following him and him recommending shit to Micky and Micky bumming him and doing as he says.

Sorry i just wanted to post that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758