TRUST CONTINUES TO CALL FOR BOYCOTT OF MK DONS GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't people at this club just let them get on with it. They have more of an idea than you do. It is not too far from Leicester so Micky thought it would be a decnet test

marcus bent said:
Why can't people at this club just let them get on with it. They have more of an idea than you do. It is not too far from Leicester so Micky thought it would be a decnet test

They *might* have more of an idea than we do on football matters, but the issue is not about that.

The way Wimbledon FC was 'hijacked' is a disgrace, and by playing a friendly against them we're effectively saying we think they are a legitimate club.

Leicester is the only English club to go ahead with a friendly against this team since they were given the go ahead to move to MK, a few other clubs arranged to play them then called the match off, most clubs wouldn't even consider playing a friendly against them.

If the manager was looking for a decent test, not too far away, there are plenty of other teams he could have chosen.

The fact theat Leicester are going ahead with it shouldn't really surprise us though, the way moral standards have dropped at the club in the last couple of years.

Yeah but just because 100 or so Leicester fans turn up doesn't mean we condone what they did, its not like im about to buy a season ticket.

Really its down to the club and not the fans to make these decisions but Leicester getting no supposrt there will be a shame!

Fox Fan said:
Yeah but just because 100 or so Leicester fans turn up doesn't mean we condone what they did, its not like im about to buy a season ticket.

Really its down to the club and not the fans to make these decisions but Leicester getting no supposrt there will be a shame!

By turning up you ARE showing your support for what they did. Remember we are the only League club who have agreed to play MK Dons in pre-season since they set up.

As the club has slipped up in ever agreeing to this fixture it is left to our fans to show their disapproval, like many other clubs fans have done when not going to watch their team in a League fixture (where the clubs have to play them) & going to watch AFC instead.

Would i look like a prat taking my Leicester flag to the AFC Wimbledon game against Brentford?? :wink:

On a serious note, can you imagine if Leicester were hijacked in a similar fashion and home games were played in London? :cry:

I will be going to the hockey stadium to watch it.

Im sick of AFC Wimbledon's fans thinking they tell other teams fans whether they can watch thier football club or not, they have formed AFC Wimbledon now so why are they still so bothered about MK dons?

All MK Dons senior players seem happy to play so why shouldnt they get a game agaisnt a club to warm up for the new season?

How some bloody cockney can tell me instead of watching my team I should go to london to watch a shitty friendly between AFC Wimbledon and Brentford is laughable and anybody going really should be finding something exciting to do with themselves.

Wimbledon football club were never going to survive in London for any sustained period of time, it was a choice, move to MK or wind up the club. If I had that choice with Leicester, I know what Id choose.

San said:
Would i look like a prat taking my Leicester flag to the AFC Wimbledon game against Brentford?? :wink:

On a serious note, can you imagine if Leicester were hijacked in a similar fashion and home games were played in London? :cry:

If anybody did wave a City flag at the AFC game they would get a load cheer from the AFC fans given the number of them who are offering City fans a free drink if they go

Semper Eadem said:
I will be going to the hockey stadium to watch it.

Im sick of AFC Wimbledon's fans thinking they tell other teams fans whether they can watch thier football club or not, they have formed AFC Wimbledon now so why are they still so bothered about MK dons?

All MK Dons senior players seem happy to play so why shouldnt they get a game agaisnt a club to warm up for the new season?

How some bloody cockney can tell me instead of watching my team I should go to london to watch a shitty friendly between AFC Wimbledon and Brentford is laughable and anybody going really should be finding something exciting to do with themselves.

Wimbledon football club were never going to survive in London for any sustained period of time, it was a choice, move to MK or wind up the club. If I had that choice with Leicester, I know what Id choose.

AFC fans have not told us what to do. They lobbied for the Foxes Trust to ask LCFC to cancel the fixture, however we were going to do that anyway.

It is the board of the Foxes Trust that is asking fans not to attend the game & if they want to watch footy that evening to go to Brentford instead, we have not been told to do this by AFC, although they did invite us to their game. Inviting is different from telling.

What MK Dons players or City players think is irrelevant, surely the departures of Riccy, Thatcher & particularly Dickov should have told you most players don't give a stuff about loyalty - the fans do.

If the board of LCFC even discussed moving the club away from Leicester, it would be the one time the Trust would go straight to the press & start a major campaign. If the move happened the Trust would act the same as AFC Wimbeldon & form a new club. Leicester City belongs in Leicester, it is part of our community & cannot exist anywhere else.

Your logic would allow another Russian billionare to come to this country, buy a Premier club & move it where he liked, that is not the way any fan should want the future of football to be.

Any City fan who attends this game I will be disgusted with.

Fox fan and co It's got more to do with than supporting your team, they don't need it in a friendly and if you were that bothered about supporting them then you would of came to Oakwell today with the rest of us

Please for the love of football please don't go!!!

Teeno said:
Any City fan who attends this game I will be disgusted with.

Fox fan and co It's got more to do with than supporting your team, they don't need it in a friendly and if you were that bothered about supporting them then you would of came to Oakwell today with the rest of us

Please for the love of football please don't go!!!

Would of loved to of gone to Oakwell today, simple fact of the matter is I wasn't able to get there for a number of reasons.

Aslo the lack of coverage about it was shocking! I didn't know it was on until yesterday! If I could of found the pre season fixtures earlier then I would of tryed to chnage things so i could get there!

I'm still going to the MK match and don't see why I should be put down for supporting my club. I can see your point of view but we live in a FREE socity, if you want to live in Iran where you can only do certain things, and go certain places with no real choice for the people ok, but I will be at the nationl hockey arean on tuesday night come rain, wind or snow!

Sorry for those of you who may of been offended by me doing such but really I think this matter is a touch stupid. quite frankly I never thought I'd see the day I was critised for goning to a Leicester match. Im not the only leicester fan on this forum who thinks we should go to this match!

I urge you To go to this match if you want to or can do! Do not be put off by peer pressure which is all the Foxes trust is trying to do.

Bullies! :x :wink:

Fox Fan said:
Aslo the lack of coverage about it was shocking! I didn't know it was on until yesterday! If I could of found the pre season fixtures earlier then I would of tryed to chnage things so i could get there!

The Barnsley match was announced in April, along with the other pre season matches, as you can see here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5140

It's been mentioned on this and other sites a number of times since then.

webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:

The Barnsley match was announced in April, along with the other pre season matches, as you can see here: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5140

It's been mentioned on this and other sites a number of times since then.

im not saying it hasn't but when I was researching the Mk match (and its date) the only way I acctually found out it was on the 20th was because it was on the FT website!!

The offical site is crap for that, and theres a lot of stuff posted on this forum, if you don't come on for a day or so you can quite easily miss tings (probally the reason behind the digests :D )

Fox Fan said:
The offical site is crap for that, and theres a lot of stuff posted on this forum, if you don't come on for a day or so you can quite easily miss tings (probally the reason behind the digests :D )

The official site is crap for that. They should have the friendlies on the fixtures and tickets pages, rather than hidden away in an old news story.

But you can find the friendly fixtures on this site using the search function.

I set up the digests because a few people told me they could only visit the site every day or so and had difficulty picking out the interesting stuff from the crap, so with the digest you just see a brief summary which makes it easier for people to find threads they want to read.

I hope you have a good time linning the pockets of that joke of a football club. I hope it does bloody piss it down as You deserve it for going. Nothing against you mate but quite franckly there is no reason at all to go to this game, enjoy the game thought and I doubt they'll be many City fans who are sad and niave enough to go, anyway I'll be enjoying Majorca while you'll be watching the joke show.

Teeno said:
I hope you have a good time linning the pockets of that joke of a football club. I hope it does bloody piss it down as You deserve it for going. Nothing against you mate but quite franckly there is no reason at all to go to this game, enjoy the game thought and I doubt they'll be many City fans who are sad and niave enough to go, anyway I'll be enjoying Majorca while you'll be watching the joke show.

Its very easy to put people down Teeno when there was no chance of you going to this match anyway.

Webmaster are you going to this Mk match?

Fox Fan said:
Teeno said:

Its very easy to put people down Teeno when there was no chance of you going to this match anyway.

Webmaster are you going to this Mk match?
Any other game and I'd probably wouldn't of gone on me hols so I could go, but Mk no thanks.

San said:

Fookin marvellous!! Bring it on!!! Bring the club to the Capital I say...

Seriously, I could not agree more Webbo - we could play Notts County, Chesterfield, Mansfield etc etc etc...this is an awful disgraceful decision IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757