Speculation Tunchev to be recalled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't in the Palace squad for tonight's game and I can't find any mention of him being injured.

It would make sense to bring him back with Mills being out for a while.

His current loan spell is due to end on November 5th, and it can't be extended. The Palace manager has said he'd like to sign him in January.

He wasn't in the Palace squad for tonight's game and I can't find any mention of him being injured.

It would make sense to bring him back with Mills being out for a while.

His current loan spell is due to end on November 5th, and it can't be extended. The Palace manager has said he'd like to sign him in January.

Are you referring to the South London Press story? This talks about Freedman saying that he will make a fresh move for [Tunchev's] services. I read this as meaning getting him on loan again rather than signing him on a substantive contract.

Are you referring to the South London Press story? This talks about Freedman saying that he will make a fresh move for [Tunchev's] services. I read this as meaning getting him on loan again rather than signing him on a substantive contract.

If they get him on loan again they won't be able to get him on a short term deal because the maximum allowed for one player to the same club is 93 days, so it would have to be for the rest of the season.

His contract expires next summer, so if we let him go on loan to Palace again it suggests we don't want to keep him. We may as well let him sign for them permanently (even if it's a short term contract), rather than do another loan deal.

Last edited:
He's proved his fitness, and his ability, so get him back.

Not sure where he'd fit into the team, though.

CB I would imagine

Let's face it, he shouldn't have to do much to get in the team ahead of Mills and St. Ledger.

I agree about SSL but think Mills has started to come good before the sending off.

I think he started to look like an average Championship defender, as apposed to an abysmal one.

Tunchev is and always has been our best defender, he has a footballing brain so advanced compared to the lads currently getting a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669