Twenty20 Derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Gurney and Crowe in for Roberts and Henderson (injured I think). At least Roberts was supposed to be an all rounder, I still fail to see why we still have this 5 man bowling attack + Allenby and Taylor. Gurney has hardly been effective this season either.

Funny as Malik and Wyatt were back in the squad today as well.

97/5 at about 6 an over. Taylor holding the innings together, 37*. Down to Wayne White already.

Taylor out for 40, he is doing really well at the moment. 114/7.

Sorry to go on about this, but I find it ridiculous that we have Carl Crowe, Jigur Naik, Sam Cliff and Gurney as our tail.

I was feeling a bit regretful that time ran out on me this afternoon and i didn't have the space to drive over.....I think fate may have been kind to me now.

Coasting it.10 needed off 2 overs with 8 wickets left

Carl Crowe hasn't even bowled!

Last edited:
I hope that people already realised - and so won't be too disappointed - that amongst the obvious drawbacks for this season is the fact that we haven't got the personnel to compete effectively in T20.

This is a bit unfortunate at a time when other counties are prioritising this format of the game! Not that it appeals to me that much.

All that said there are some curious things happening in team selection and bowling deployment. It's a good job for Tim Boon that he isn't managing a football team!

I hope that people already realised - and so won't be too disappointed - that amongst the obvious drawbacks for this season is the fact that we haven't got the personnel to compete effectively in T20.

This is a bit unfortunate at a time when other counties are prioritising this format of the game! Not that it appeals to me that much.

All that said there are some curious things happening in team selection and bowling deployment. It's a good job for Tim Boon that he isn't managing a football team!

I went down tonight disappointed with the result and performance but Rogers sealed it early on for Derbyshire in their reply to our lame total.

Not sure what was going on down their today though. Only the Everards beer tent and the club bars open. one burger van and the clubs food available. Usually there are a number of each.
Having spoken to a couple of the lads behind the bar it will be the same on Sunday.

Surely the sale of pitches to the food sellers etc would be a good income earner for the club.

Also there was not Corporate hospitality tent which usually looks full.

I can't believe the club think they can make money just from ticket sales.

I went down tonight disappointed with the result and performance but Rogers sealed it early on for Derbyshire in their reply to our lame total.

Not sure what was going on down their today though. Only the Everards beer tent and the club bars open. one burger van and the clubs food available. Usually there are a number of each.
Having spoken to a couple of the lads behind the bar it will be the same on Sunday.

Surely the sale of pitches to the food sellers etc would be a good income earner for the club.

Also there was not Corporate hospitality tent which usually looks full.

I can't believe the club think they can make money just from ticket sales.

Looks like the club has downscaled outside catering after the disappointing T20 crowds last summer - the burger van was there for the Notts FPT game but didn't seem to be doing much trade then.

We need a winning side to get big crowds for T20 although the weather forecast for Sunday is going to help.

The difference this year, and the end of last, is that I am not 'angry' at how poor the results and performances are. Rather just disappointed and frustrated, particularly when people like HD or Dippenaar struggle.

This is simply down to the fact that County are clearly trying to bring through the youngsters and we don't have a side of 7 non-English qualified players as we did at the start of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669