Twenty20 matches - Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE NOTE: NO REFUNDS FOR INDIVIDUAL ABANDONED MATCHES - unless the whole lot are no results

PLEASE NOTE: NO REFUNDS FOR INDIVIDUAL ABANDONED MATCHES - unless the whole lot are no results

i believe my bet was made before this announcement, cant be fair.

Glyn i'm not sure you can do this. Please see Jeffs post on a rule change back in January.

Jeff said:
The new vbookie season starts today and runs until the end of February.

One rule change from now on:

If a match is postponed the bets will stand for the rearranged date - if the rearranged date falls within the vbookie season and is announced within a few days. If not vcash will be refunded. vcash will not be refunded for hidden bets.

Glyn i'm not sure you can do this. Please see Jeffs post on a rule change back in January.

Originally Posted by Jeff
The new vbookie season starts today and runs until the end of February.

One rule change from now on:

If a match is postponed the bets will stand for the rearranged date - if the rearranged date falls within the vbookie season and is announced within a few days. If not vcash will be refunded. vcash will not be refunded for hidden bets.

was just trying to make things easier on Jeff. It's up to him. I'm prepared to abandon the event altogether to avoid problems.

That post I made in January was specific to football really, when matches that get called off have to be rescheduled, so there's a chance the bet can stand. In the twenty20 it doesn't work like that, so offering to pay out on the rearranged match won't work.

The best thing to do would be to have one match per thread, so one match can be abandoned without affecting the others But that takes more work to do. Manually adjusting vcash if necessary also takes more work. I know which I'd prefer - but that's because I'm the only one who can manually adjust the vcash :icon_wink

That post I made in January was specific to football really, when matches that get called off have to be rescheduled, so there's a chance the bet can stand. In the twenty20 it doesn't work like that, so offering to pay out on the rearranged match won't work.

The best thing to do would be to have one match per thread, so one match can be abandoned without affecting the others But that takes more work to do. Manually adjusting vcash if necessary also takes more work. I know which I'd prefer - but that's because I'm the only one who can manually adjust the vcash :icon_wink

Thanks for clarifying it, Jeff. We get the message - one match per thread in future!

Thanks for clarifying it, Jeff. We get the message - one match per thread in future!

It's up to you how many matches you do, as long as people are prepared for me to moan and take ages if I have to manually adjust anything. Or you could do multi match threads and state there will be no refunds unless all the matches are called off.

It's up to you how many matches you do, as long as people are prepared for me to moan and take ages if I have to manually adjust anything. Or you could do multi match threads and state there will be no refunds unless all the matches are called off.

Which is what I did, and will probably do again for Twenty20. However I might just set bets on Leics matches in the current weather climate :icon_roll

i believe my bet was made before this announcement, cant be fair.

Middlesex v Hants and Derbys v Durham are both still on at the moment. (although surely the Derbyshire match will be waterlogged as well?)

Lako - if Derbys v Durham is on, the large bet you put on will obviously stand. If it's abandoned I will abandon the whole event since we only have one bet on the Middlesex game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58