New Contract Two (or 3?) more years for Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer tweeted it is actually a 3 year deal.

Could well just be 12-months after all then.

I'd rather his place went to someone like Dewsbury-Hall but a as a squad player he doesn't seem to kick up a fuss and hopefully won't be on massive money

LCFC.com says it's 3 years. But the wording on there is exactly the same as the press release they sent out, which said it was 2 years. Shambles.

Just shows how much of a mess we are in right now.

I'm surprised we haven't been relegated already!

I know the 2 button and the 3 button are next to each other. You don't know who was pressing those buttons.

In all seriousness, how the **** could they get the length of the contract wrong?

If we're being that serious about it, there are a number of reason for it - human error typo is the most likely one I would say though.

Not something even worth considering getting worked up over, let alone actually get worked up by it.

Unless of course you are just desperately looking for any aspect to be negative about.

I know the 2 button and the 3 button are next to each other. You don't know who was pressing those buttons.
Someone with bad coordination or fat fingers.

The worrying thing about this is that it smacks of 'there ain't no cash in the kitty so you'll get what you've got'. He really isn't good enough at all and I can't see what he adds. We've already got Praet to fill that role.

The worrying thing about this is that it smacks of 'there ain't no cash in the kitty so you'll get what you've got'. He really isn't good enough at all and I can't see what he adds. We've already got Praet to fill that role.

Yep. Nothing about his time here suggests he's worth a squad place. Why 2 years when we'd sensibly let his contract wind down? If we're desperate why not a 1 year deal as he's hardly a player in great demand.

Rudkin: Hi there Papy. Now then, I know we said our farewells a few weeks ago but with the market the way it is, we would now like to offer you a new one year deal.

Mendy: Three years.

Rudkin: Ha, ha. Now then Papy son, one year would be a good deal for us both. You can then see what opportunities you have next summer.

Rudkin: Look, I'll tell you what I'll do. For goodwill, we'll offer you a two year deal. I can't say fairer than that.

Rudkin: Come on now, you're not being reasonable. Three years is a big commitment for someone who has only started 31 PL games in 4 years.

Rudkin: You drive a hard bargain Papy. Okay then, three years it is. By the way, seeing as you're staying, can we have the leaving gift back that we gave you?

Mendy: No.

Rudkin: See you at training then.

Rudkin: Hi there Papy. Now then, I know we said our farewells a few weeks ago but with the market the way it is, we would now like to offer you a new one year deal.

Rudkin: Ha, ha. Now then Papy son, one year would be a good deal for us both. You can then see what opportunities you have next summer.

Rudkin: Look, I'll tell you what I'll do. For goodwill, we'll offer you a two year deal. I can't say fairer than that.

Rudkin: Come on now, you're not being reasonable. Three years is a big commitment for someone who has only started 31 PL games in 4 years.

Rudkin: You drive a hard bargain Papy. Okay then, three years it is. By the way, seeing as you're staying, can we have the leaving gift back that we gave you?

Mendy: No.

Rudkin: See you at training then.
Special stuff. :043:

It didn’t feel too bad when it was two years. At this stage in his career I don’t think he’d have accepted a one year contract.

Three years is utter lunacy, almost as ridiculous as the Matty James contract (yes he’s still one of our players believe it or not).

It didn’t feel too bad when it was two years. At this stage in his career I don’t think he’d have accepted a one year contract.

Three years is utter lunacy, almost as ridiculous as the Matty James contract (yes he’s still one of our players believe it or not).
Jeez I had forgot about him. So we now have Mendy, Praet, Choudhury and James.... none of whom are really good enough for us although Praet is a little better than the other three. Holy shit that is one set of midfield mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757