UEFA Champions League 18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness

Simply sensational stuff from Totteringham

Incredible

Unreal - after 2015/16 I didn't think football could amaze me to this extent again, and now I've been blown away twice, 2 nights running!!

The very worst possible footballing outcome imaginable. Watching those two detestable clubs contesting the CL final, knowing that whichever one of the ****s wins it will be ****ing unbearable for years just does my ****ing head in. I won't be watching. & of course the Prem's over the top hypefest of it all is going to get on my tits as well.

Tottenham winning a semi from behind??? The world's gone ****ing mad.

Ajax. How the **** is it possible to beat Real & Juve over 2 legs, then win the away leg against frigging SPURS...& STILL LOSE!

Shite.

The very worst possible footballing outcome imaginable. Watching those two detestable clubs contesting the CL final, knowing that whichever one of the ****s wins it will be ****ing unbearable for years just does my ****ing head in. I won't be watching. & of course the Prem's over the top hypefest of it all is going to get on my tits as well.

Tottenham winning a semi from behind??? The world's gone ****ing mad.

Ajax. How the **** is it possible to beat Real & Juve over 2 legs, then win the away leg against frigging SPURS...& STILL LOSE!

Shite.
Is she still not giving you any?

Well I'm delighted that two English sides will contest the final. And I want Arsenal and Chelsea to win through to make it four out of four in the two major finals.

I'd like Liverpool to win it because I love their side and how they play. Can't stand the club/fans and fake-ness. I can't be doing with anything about Spurs but I'd rather them in the final than Ajax.

All it will mean is that talented players from around the world will want into the Premier League even more than now. It's good for us.

Well I'm delighted that two English sides will contest the final. And I want Arsenal and Chelsea to win through to make it four out of four in the two major finals.

I'd like Liverpool to win it because I love their side and how they play. Can't stand the club/fans and fake-ness. I can't be doing with anything about Spurs but I'd rather them in the final than Ajax.

All it will mean is that talented players from around the world will want into the Premier League even more than now. It's good for us.

In amongst all the blather, considering the money and players the Premier League have pulled in, English club football has massively underperformed in this competition over the last decade, and this should be the start of some overdue catch up.

Having two non-champion finalists just carries on from what Real have done more or less over the last few years, but neither ever having won their modern domestic title is taking it a bit far.

Well I was annoyed when they both of them went through because I wanted to watch Barca vs Ajax in the final. And yes, while the media hype will be hysterical and inescapable after one of these two lift the trophy, the alternative winners and what they all represent are just as bad if not worse.

Real Madrid - Mega ****s.
Barcelona - Pretty ****y.
Juventus - Cheating ****s.
Bayern - German ****s, who are also shit.
Manchester City - Evil ****s.
PSG - Evil French ****s.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the only teams I wouldn’t mind winning it are Leicester, Atletico and maybe an Italian side other than Juve. Hopefully it’ll be an entertaining final and neither side shoehorns in injured players.

It's the first time I've seen Ajax play (this decade anyway!) From what I'd read about them, I'd kind of expected something 'prettier' - I dunno, maybe not tiki-taka but something similar. So I was really quite surprised by their energetic and robust directness, their harassing in numbers and their willingness to 'launch it' . Or maybe it was just that game.

Maybe there's a moral in the story. When time's running out, when it's getting tight; abandon the training ground stuff and just lump it to the big guys in the box. I pondered whether Spur's substitutions were less tactical and more to do with stature. 'Who's the shortest guy on the pitch?' 'Okay, haul him off and put this 6 footer on'

I've received an email from Zavvi telling me I've won two tickets to the final. Which was odd because although I knew about the competition, I didn't enter it.

Then I checked on Twitter. It seems they've sent their entire mailing list the same email.

Lots of excited spuds and scousers thinking they've won tickets, before then finding out Zavvi have ****ed up. It's more entertaining than the match will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363