Confirmed Transfer Ulloa to Brighton on Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavk

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa has joined Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion in a loan deal until the end of the 2017/18 season.
- Striker Leonardo Ulloa joins Brighton and Hove Albion on loan until the end of the season

- The 31-year-old spent 18 months with the Seagulls before joining Leicester City in 2014
- He could make his second debut for Brighton on Wednesday night at Southampton
- Ulloa has scored 20 goals in 102 appearances for the Foxes

The 31-year-old Argentine forward joined the Foxes from Brighton in the summer of 2014, having scored 26 goals in 58 appearances over 18 months for the Seagulls.

Ulloa has found the net 20 times in 102 games for Leicester City, including some memorable strikes that helped the Football Club to both Premier League survival in 2014/15 and the league title the following year.

He re-joins a Brighton side who sit 16th in the table during their first-ever Premier League season and could make his second debut for Chris Hughton’s away to 18th-placed Southampton on Wednesday night.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/604904/leonardo-ulloa-joins-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-loan/press-release

Good luck to you Leo, some great memories. I like Chris Houghton and hope Brighton stay up. Maybe he'll be that difference for them.

He has been a very important player for this club. He was excellent in our first season back in the Premier League and his late goals against Norwich and West Ham were vital in maintaining our momentum towards the title.

However the most important goals for me were those in the 4-0 win against Swansea. I, like many, were nervous about how we would cope without the suspended Vardy and even at that late stage I couldn’t bring myself to believe that we were about to win the league. Vardy’s replacement bagging a brace did a lot to settle me down and leaving that match was the first time I really thought it was going to happen.

He behaved poorly last winter when angling for a move, but I think he deserves to be remembered fondly.

All the best Leo. Farewell.

Shame you didn't get your move earlier and then non of that nonsense would have happened.

Why are you all talking like he's gone for good? It's only a loan. Nobody will be willing to pay him whatever City currently are. He'll be back for preseason training in July.

Good luck Leo.

Hope he has a good second half of the season for them. Will make it easier to offload him in the summer!

“Leo, Leo, Leo” that penalty. Shame he felt compelled to make the comments about never playing for the club again. Yes, he got the contract extension but it taints his foxes’ legacy.

Hope he does well at Brighton.

Meh.

Went off him after his uncalled for strop last season and 18 months of his increasingly dire "couldn't care less" performances.

His contribution over his first two years at the club was excellent, some memorable goals and performances. And as much as anything, for his role as friend and supporter of Cambiasso.

If Brighton are relying on his goals, they're fecked.

Meh.

Went off him after his uncalled for strop last season and 18 months of his increasingly dire "couldn't care less" performances.

His contribution over his first two years at the club was excellent, some memorable goals and performances. And as much as anything, for his role as friend and supporter of Cambiasso.

If Brighton are relying on his goals, they're fecked.

Yep

Sums it up nicely

And his song! Don't forget the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472