Academy Under 23s / youth 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volpone

Leicester City have completed the signings of youth internationals Vontae Daley-Campbell, George Hirst and Ali Reghba ahead of the 2019/20 season.

Hirst, 20, has represented England at every youth level from Under-17 to Under-20 and finished as joint-top scorer at the 2017 Under-20 Toulon Tournament.
After a successful season with Belgian side Oud-Heverlee Leuven, whom he joined from Sheffield Wednesday last summer, he found the net for the Young Lions once more in the 2019 competition in May.
Reghba, 19, is a highly-rated Republic of Ireland Under-19 international striker, and joins City after an impressive stint with League of Ireland Premier Division outfit Bohemians.
The German-born forward scored twice on his senior debut for Bohemians after joining from Shelbourne in 2018 and has helped the side to third place since the start of the League of Ireland campaign in February.
Meanwhile, England Under-18s right back Daley-Campbell joins the Foxes after a spell with Arsenal, where he was a regular for the Gunners in the Under-18s Premier League.
The 18-year-old, who has also represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 levels, appeared 21 times for the Gunners in the Under-18s campaign last term and built a firm reputation as a promising young right-back.

Looked a diabolical performance from these highlights. Contrary to my previous comment, I saw enough in this four minutes to know that we need to retain Jakupovic as third keeper as Johansson is not ready.

Leicester City Under-23s : Johansson; Amartey, Moore, Knight, Benkovic, Elder; G. Thomas, Leshabela, Wright, Diabate; Muskwe. Substitutes : Stolarczyk, Daley-Campbell, Ndukwu, Clark, Pascanu, Tee, Loft.

From a Leuven supporter on FT...

"Very one-sided game. We could have played for 10 days straight and Leicester wouldn't have scored.

It was very clear that Benkovic and Amartey are coming back from injury and lack the necessary rythm. Benkovic played very cautious and was subbed out at the half. Amartey played the whole game but couldn't impose his will on the game.

I personally looked forward to see guys like Muskwe, Josh Knight, Ndukwu and Diabate but they were simple outplayed by our youngsters. We played a lot of lads who won't even make the training squad when the season starts and they simple dominated Leicester.

Like I said, this was only one game and it was extremely hot (38°C), so it might have been an off-day for Leicester."

I was really exicted when we signed Zeljko Kalac. Had one of the biggest impacts on a game in our history. And he did absolutely nothing.

He's 16. He'll spend two years in the under 18s. Then three years in the under 23s. Then we'll send him out on loan for a couple of seasons, before selling him to Mansfield for £1.50.
The asking price is £4.50 and Top won't entertain anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757