Academy Under 23s / youth 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewsbury-Hall looks a classy player, would like to see him get a loan moved before the end of the month

Totally shat on. They were technically far better than us.

Though, how many young players have broken through into their first team over the past few years?

don't care about results but I do care that the U23s don't seem to be playing the same system and tactics as the first team, which they should be

Our youth players are mostly shit

Compared to other PL teams how many do we send out on loan to Championship teams so they are near 1st team level?

They all go to shit sides and mostly sit on the bench.

Our youth players are mostly shit

Compared to other PL teams how many do we send out on loan to Championship teams so they are near 1st team level?

They all go to shit sides and mostly sit on the bench.
we don't, we have 4 players out on loan from the U23s, that's about the most we ever have our U23s is clogged up with 20-22 year olds that are no where near the first team, mostly because Beaglehole is trophy hunting, which isn't the point of the U23s.

Hopefully Rodgers wins out and Beaglehpole goes and someone else comes in that will run the U23s the same way most clubs at our level do

Last season Barnes, Iversen, Bramley, Knight, Johnson, Thomas, Elder, Moore, and, the one you all forgot about, Kama Sowah, went out on loan for the season, or half the season.
Sowah has never spent a day at Leicester he really doesn’t count and I said about the most we had on loan last season was an outlier

Totally shat on. They were technically far better than us.

Though, how many young players have broken through into their first team over the past few years?
3 of our potential starting eleven are academy products.
It’s not that bad a hit rate against a lot of the other prem clubs.
Not great, sure, but not totally horrendous

3 of our potential starting eleven are academy products.
It’s not that bad a hit rate against a lot of the other prem clubs.
Not great, sure, but not totally horrendous

I've been unfortunate enough to watch two of our first three U23 games. The quality of football, the individual contributions, the level of intensity, is completely lacking. There is no way that anybody is improving playing those matches.

All the players that have come through into our first team have progressed on loan playing real football. If we have any genuine hope for a young player, the sooner we get them out of the U23s the better.

I can't reconcile us spending money to sign players for the U23s - Hirst, Reghba, Clark, Daley-Campbell, just this summer. What's the point? We've been doing it for years now and not one of them has been any good. Remember the likes of Jacob Blyth? They come, they fester, they quietly disappear.

George Thomas and Sam Hughes are in their third seasons with us after we spent good money taking them from regular football to stagnate with us. We've effectively ruined their (early) careers.

The U23s should be a mix of players too old for the academy with potential and a few first team squad players that need a match. I genuinely have no idea what we're playing at.

I've been unfortunate enough to watch two of our first three U23 games. The quality of football, the individual contributions, the level of intensity, is completely lacking. There is no way that anybody is improving playing those matches.

All the players that have come through into our first team have progressed on loan playing real football. If we have any genuine hope for a young player, the sooner we get them out of the U23s the better.

I can't reconcile us spending money to sign players for the U23s - Hirst, Reghba, Clark, Daley-Campbell, just this summer. What's the point? We've been doing it for years now and not one of them has been any good. Remember the likes of Jacob Blyth? They come, they fester, they quietly disappear.

George Thomas and Sam Hughes are in their third seasons with us after we spent good money taking them from regular football to stagnate with us. We've effectively ruined their (early) careers.

The U23s should be a mix of players too old for the academy with potential and a few first team squad players that need a match. I genuinely have no idea what we're playing at.
I don’t particularly get it either. Back in the early 2000s, I was chatting to some people at Arsenal about their U18s. They said that if their U17s & U18s weren’t already out on loan in the Championship etc, getting experience, then they weren’t going to be good enough. Their U16s mostly filled their supposed U18s team and, while they didn’t always win, it was important to be pushing them. The focus shouldn’t be on filling an U23 team.

Leicester City have completed the signing of youngster Darragh O’Connor from League of Ireland side Wexford Football Club, subject to Premier League approval.

The 20-year-old defender signs his first professional contract with the Foxes after having arrived at Wexford as an amateur in January and impressing during 20 appearances for the side.

O’Connor, who hails from Clonroche, will link up with Leicester City’s Development Squad, with every game available to watch live and free through LCFC TV on LCFC.com.

Leicester City have completed the signing of youngster Darragh O’Connor from League of Ireland side Wexford Football Club, subject to Premier League approval.

The 20-year-old defender signs his first professional contract with the Foxes after having arrived at Wexford as an amateur in January and impressing during 20 appearances for the side.

O’Connor, who hails from Clonroche, will link up with Leicester City’s Development Squad, with every game available to watch live and free through LCFC TV on LCFC.com.

Another twenty something year old player to send to league 2 for a few years

playing CB for a team that is shipping loads of goals, hope he's good but doubt we'll ever see him play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757