Academy Under 23s / youth 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a given about Will.
He's a u23s regular nowadays.

I'm thinking of the second year scholars.

Last edited:
No point whatsoever in being an u23 at this Club right now, as you don’t even get to sit on the bench and be part of it all

Shameful, really

Leicester has a history of players being stuck in the u23s.

They need to be loaned out to get some "men's football' minutes.

If you haven't got a pathway the club just let them rot

Luke Thomas, Harvey Barnes and Kiernan Dewsbury Hall are all regular starters having come through the youth teams, we sold a homegrown left-back for absolutely silly money. We've clearly got something right.

Luke Thomas, Harvey Barnes and Kiernan Dewsbury Hall are all regular starters having come through the youth teams, we sold a homegrown left-back for absolutely silly money. We've clearly got something right.
Don’t let facts get in the way of a narrative.

Goes against the idea that Rodgers regularly spouted about our young and inexperienced team, but then that was obviously complete bollocks without stats.

No point whatsoever in being an u23 at this Club right now, as you don’t even get to sit on the bench and be part of it all

Shameful, really
I can't remember which member of the Manchester United coaching staff (one of the Nevilles?) was quoted as saying that if you are still at the club to make it into the U23 squad you've failed and should move on. It seems that at most Premier League clubs U23s is a holding stage before dropping down the leagues.

Leicester has a history of players being stuck in the u23s.

They need to be loaned out to get some "men's football' minutes.

If you haven't got a pathway the club just let them rot

Word on the street is that the PL system is being revamped this summer.

The U23 set up will go back to being U21. You'll be able to pick some overage players but the point is to focus on the 18-21 year olds.

Absolutely. We've had sone fantastic success with our youth setup. It's complete horseshit to suggest otherwise.

Maybe, just maybe, the current crop aren't all that. So many moaning ****ers complaining about Luke Thomas being rushed in and overplayed blah, blah, blah.... now the same old ****ers bemoaning the fact we don't happen to have a foetus playing the No.9 role.

Don't we think it's time to give Josh Eppiah a run out with the 1st team after a couple of spells out on loan?

If that is the sum total of your reading of this, you are being deliberately thick.
No, it's not the sum total. No, I'm not being deliberately thick.

It is one, indesputable point of fact. I did of course make reference to our youth setup in the post previous to the one quoted but you didn't bother to read that one.

If you get a big chunky crayon ready I'll try and explain it in simple terms. One of (that is singular as in, there are others) the ways of reading that data is that the clubs who used a lot of young players didn't have much in the way of success. In fact, many had terribly poor seasons. This may, in part, be due to having too many youngsters playing in too many games where experience would have been valuable. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't numerous other ways to interpret the numbers but I'll leave that for you to dwell on whilst cultivating your latest tin foil hat theory about the youth setup and how they're all hated and made to train in their vest and pants.

xYoung stats show we're doing okay despite not playing some kids who perhaps aren't as good as you think.

Maybe the high pressure of the premier League where every dropped point could be worth millions, and a poor performance could destroy a player's confidence, and the managers confidence in him, isn't the best environment for a teenager to thrive.

Our policy of using loans, and introducing players to the team when they are more experienced, emotionally as well as technically and tactically is reasonably successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263