Unloyal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whorya

Wiv Thatch moving on do you think he is unloyal.Personally i think we should have stayed because he was not playing any first team footie before we got him.But yet again we rescue players and give them a new lease of life and they spurn us.

Another thing im a little worried that we have not signed more players than the 2 already.I remember last year he got the transfers in around July time do you think he'll wait and get players during pre season?I think he'll try and get some now but in the next month or so there will be alot of movement

the only loyalty in football is from the fans they players take what they get.
the only one constant in your life is your football team. players come and go.

oh yeah forgot to say were not gettin Harley he's going to Sheff utd

Whorya said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/3826713.stm

This one might be real :!: :shock:

Im not to suprised hes gone tbh. dont worry about signing any freebie players cuz most of there contracts will run until july 1st.

Well Thatchers more loyal than Dickov, BUT Thatcher does owe us the loyallty for giving his career a kick up the backside!

All i've got to say is Thatcher is unloyal BUT he is worthy a Premiership club! Most players who have recently left are no better than Division 1, and yet there still leaving for Premiership clubs, I'd love to have ALL the players who have currently left and ask them a simple question;
"Your playing for Premiership clubs again, but you all played a big part in last season, correct?" I'd hope they'd reply yes
I'd then say; "Well your no good for the Prem then, correct?"
I'd love to see there comeback!

lazzer said:

Muzzy Was Loyal.

weluvulesta said:
lazzer said:

Muzzy Was Loyal.

I've said it before and i'll say it again...Muzzy is the only pro footballer in the game that is loyal!

Well Muzz and Thach have both gone to teams where they are likely to play. now IMO Dickov is very unlikly to start at Blackburn - which is what makes him very Unloyal in my opinion.

m~james said:
weluvulesta said:
lazzer said:

Muzzy Was Loyal.

I've said it before and i'll say it again...Muzzy is the only pro footballer in the game that is loyal!

Muzzy stayed because:

A) He had a great contract.
B) He didn't want to move to the North East.

Some of you might not like that, but it was the truth.

Theres something ive been meaning to say about the thatch transfer, with regards to the comments from mandaric saying that he had agreed to join portsmouth verbally and was unlikely to join man city, then he did!

Well....

IMO...

Unlucky!!!

Ha!!

If you try to sign a player from a club that has saved his career less than a year earlier then are surprised that he lies about signing then you are distinctinctly naive!! Nevermind harry he spoke too much english anyway and only cost 15k a week, :cry:

Scowcroft said:
m~james said:
weluvulesta said:
lazzer said:

Muzzy Was Loyal.

Muzzy stayed because:

A) He had a great contract.
B) He didn't want to move to the North East.

Some of you might not like that, but it was the truth.

spot on scowie
if man utd offered muzzy 50k a week 5 years ago would he have said no thanks im staying at leicester ? there IS NO loyalty in the game only from the FANS thats why you support the club not the player :roll:

Loyalty, as somebody has said, is very diffecult to specify. Muzzy showed loyalty for sticking with us as long as he did, but at the end of the day 'Money talks', he was on a great contract with us and only the really big teams would have been able to better it. Do not get me wrong I am not knocking Muzzy as he has been one of the recent greats at this club, it is his job and he wants to earn as much money as possible doing it.
Players who I feel shown real loyalty are Matt le tiss at Southampton, Steve Bull at Wolves and to a lesser extent our own Stevie Walsh. (To a lesser extent I mean he was not a 'hot property' player) no doubt people will have more, but these players could have moved anywere but stuck with 'their' team no matter what.

Naughty Fox said:
Loyalty, as somebody has said, is very diffecult to specify. Muzzy showed loyalty for sticking with us as long as he did, but at the end of the day 'Money talks', he was on a great contract with us and only the really big teams would have been able to better it. Do not get me wrong I am not knocking Muzzy as he has been one of the recent greats at this club, it is his job and he wants to earn as much money as possible doing it.
Players who I feel shown real loyalty are Matt le tiss at Southampton, Steve Bull at Wolves and to a lesser extent our own Stevie Walsh. (To a lesser extent I mean he was not a 'hot property' player) no doubt people will have more, but these players could have moved anywere but stuck with 'their' team no matter what.

Two points there

1 Walshy wanted to move to Villa when they put an offer in for him - MON quickly striped him of his captancy

2 Muzz took a wage deferal, shows a lot of commitment IMO to the cause!!

My nomination for most loyal player at City - Matt Elliott. Didn't move to Celtic when MON clearly wanted him, hasn't deserted us when things got bad - and clubs have made offers for him in the past (e.g Villa/Celtic.) He is one player who's carrer we made and he's stuck by us!

Fox Fan said:
Naughty Fox said:

My nomination for most loyal player at City - Matt Elliott. Didn't move to Celtic when MON clearly wanted him, hasn't deserted us when things got bad - and clubs have made offers for him in the past (e.g Villa/Celtic.) He is one player who's carrer we made and he's stuck by us!

Matt Elliott was on a contract other clubs couldn't match (32k per week) so why would he leave? :roll:

Scowcroft said:
Fox Fan said:
Naughty Fox said:

Matt Elliott was on a contract other clubs couldn't match (32k per week) so why would he leave? :roll:

I think that you would have to go back a long way to find a player in demand from bigger clubs who demonstrated that much loyalty to Leicester -Graham Cross comes to mind - he finally left near the end of his career when the then manager, Jimmy Bloomfield, said that he wouldn't pick him anymore because of Cross's dualrole as a Leicestershire cricketer. Muzzy didn't leave because it didn't suit him to do so - but he always gave of his best & there were occasions when he was willing to play when clearly not fully fit . As we have said before there is no loyalty amongst players & the same applies to managers - but our recent experiences have been particularly bad partly because so many new players were brought in (I'm not criticising that) - so not much gelling of a team spirit & of course the contracts issue which has now been done to death on this forum.

Fox Fan said:
Naughty Fox said:

Two points there

1 Walshy wanted to move to Villa when they put an offer in for him - MON quickly striped him of his captancy

2 Muzz took a wage deferal, shows a lot of commitment IMO to the cause!!

1. Do not know about the Villa offer, but he would have been coming to the end of his career at that point and did'nt leave anyway. I do know that Spurs had been sniffing around early to mid ninties.

2. As I said I am not knocking Muzzy, he deserves to be playing prem football at this stage of his career. Alot of other players took wage deferals too and stuck with the team, but most did not leave because other clubs would not match the inflated contracts they are/were on.

On the Matt Elliot issue, I think he has been outstanding for us, but if he was not earning so much he would have been gone a while ago and because Celtic could not match his contract he stayed, the same last season as he was not getting a game, but can you blame him earning 32k a week at 35 :shock: I know I would stay :wink:

1. Do not know about the Villa offer, but he would have been coming to the end of his career at that point and did'nt leave anyway. I do know that Spurs had been sniffing around early to mid ninties.

I remember Gregory wanted him in 1998/1999 - I think he was transfer listed at the time?

Scowcroft said:

I remember Gregory wanted him in 1998/1999 - I think he was transfer listed at the time?

He'd been here for about 11-12 years at that point, I'd call that quite loyal. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757