US Open Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

I think he's learnt from the Masters for sure, seems a lot more comfortable today holding such a big lead into the weekend in a major. I feel if he can just get to -14, he'll have enough confidence to absolutely walk it tomorrow. Come on Rory!

glyn

I think he's learnt from the Masters for sure, seems a lot more comfortable today holding such a big lead into the weekend in a major. I feel if he can just get to -14, he'll have enough confidence to absolutely walk it tomorrow. Come on Rory!

Yes but tomorrow morning he will be thinking about Augusta and will be snatching at the first tee. He'll need to get an early birdie which he didn't do at the Masters to get him going

But as I type he's back to 13 under

pork pie fox

Yes but tomorrow morning he will be thinking about Augusta and will be snatching at the first tee. He'll need to get an early birdie which he didn't do at the Masters to get him going

But as I type he's back to 13 under

Hopefully a collapse of that magnitude was a one off at Augusta. I think the commentators hit the nail on the head last night - as impressive as he's been so far, his two saves on 3 & 4 were massive, followed immediately by a birdie on 5. That is the sort of thing that should give him masses of confidence going into today.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Can't see him blowing this big of a lead this time, it just looks ominous for the rest of the field. It has to be McIlroy's time now, the only way I can see him losing it is if Westwood gets hot early and gets to 7/8 under after 4 holes & maybe Rory has dropped one or two. Then he may focus on Westwood's golf rather than his own.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Thoughts of Rory choking? He birdies the first and follows it with a good six footer for par on the second. Absolute dream start for McIlroy.

LCFC'sGodWears9

I forgot to mention these earlier, I loved some of the quotes about Rory's play this week:

One golfer commented: 'Most people don't play this well, not even on the PlayStation'

Brandt Snedeker who finished 11th said: 'Rory has more talent in his pinky than I do in my whole body'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669