Injury News Vardy - Hernia Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. I think we all kinda knew something was up.

Still, we've managed for longer without him haven't we? No need for panic much less panic buying. Fortunately, we've had goals coming from others of late so I reckon there'll be confidence enough in the squad.

It sounds as though we knew it was coming for a while and could have put it off a little while if we really had to so if he is having the op now without us having brought anyone in I assume we won't be signing anyone loan or otherwise.

If we are going with Iheanacho and Perez we really need to think about switching to 2 up front for this period, as neither is going to be effective on their own.

yeah and how long has it taken him to reach that level in his position? so lets, having lost Vardy for a couple of weeks take our next biggest weapon out of his position ...

Not every winger can play centrally and Henry was one of the best players of his era
The skill we need right now is being able to score goals and Harvey’s showing that. I’m not saying he’s definitely the answer - but there is plenty of evidence to suggest he may be a better choice than our immediate backup?

Most of the time, neither Liverpool nor Man City play with a central striker.

Maybe BR wants to play an extra attacking midfielder (hence the transfer links) in the absence of Vardy rather than attempt to replace him.

I seem to remember that in 2015 when Vardy was out for two weeks, everyone said the wheels would come off and the sky would fall in, but other players just stood up to the plate and we carried on scoring goals and winning matches.

Barnes could do Vardy's job if we had the equivalent of Okazaki as a defence disruptor.

If we could trust Mendy and/or Choudhury to protect our defence we could use Ndidi in the Okazaki role to cause mayhem up front and create the spaces for Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton, Castagne and Perez to use.

Will be interesting to see how Perez would do up front supported by Barnes and Madderz. He's a totally different player to Vardy but would be more comfortable than Ian and defending from the front.

I seem to remember that in 2015 when Vardy was out for two weeks, everyone said the wheels would come off and the sky would fall in, but other players just stood up to the plate and we carried on scoring goals and winning matches.

Barnes could do Vardy's job if we had the equivalent of Okazaki as a defence disruptor.

If we could trust Mendy and/or Choudhury to protect our defence we could use Ndidi in the Okazaki role to cause mayhem up front and create the spaces for Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton, Castagne and Perez to use.
So we take the best defensive midfielder in the league, one that our whole game is based on, ie breaking up the oppositions attack to create a counter attack and stick him up front out the way.

It's a no from me.

Will be interesting to see how Perez would do up front supported by Barnes and Madderz. He's a totally different player to Vardy but would be more comfortable than Ian and defending from the front.
I was just about to say that it was noticeable that Praet was often the midfielder going beyond Perez in the Stoke game, which presumably means that Maddison would be expected to do similar.

For me this is a huge dilemma for Rodgers.
Nacho has proven he’s lacking confidence (I’m being polite).
Perez isn’t a lone centre forward.. he’s not quick or physical enough to play our style. He is more suited to floating around the number 10 roll, linking the play. Maddison already takes that position.
We have a huge problem trying to make this all fit together with the personnel available if we want to continue with our current style of play.
The only similar player we have is Barnes but that then takes him out of his preferred and most effective position.
Decisions decisions....

It's really simple. Our team is set really well at present and we need as little disruption as possible. Perez in for Vardy will do. We don't need to start messing around taking Barnes out of a position he is doing so well in unless there is absolutely no other choice.

It's really simple. Our team is set really well at present and we need as little disruption as possible. Perez in for Vardy will do. We don't need to start messing around taking Barnes out of a position he is doing so well in unless there is absolutely no other choice.
Bob on Pop, **** about moving players around fitting square pegs into round holes and we are depleting our effectiveness further.

Put someone not in the remaining 10 current players into the gap and play that way.

TBF, he hasn’t been himself for a few weeks for obvious reasons.

Most of the time, neither Liverpool nor Man City play with a central striker.

Maybe BR wants to play an extra attacking midfielder (hence the transfer links) in the absence of Vardy rather than attempt to replace him.

That's working a treat for Liverpool at the moment isn't it!

I'd definitely start both Perez and Nacho in the cup game against Brentford now.

Hope that Nacho bags a goal or two and if he does he might have the confidence to be useful. Give him the chance to do something this weekend, and if not then stick with Perez up front.

It's a shame we don't have anyone like Ulloa in the squad. In hindsight he was overshadowed a bit by Vardy but proved to be a very usefrul player.

I'd rather go into this with prime Ulloa than Perez or Ihanacho for the next few weeks. Am I looking at the past with blue tinted glasses on there?

I think Perez given a few games will do ok, he did well at Newcastle when playing the number 9 roll including scoring a good goal against us.
We have survived without Vardy before and done well, we will also have to start getting use to not having Vardy sooner rather than later.

It's a shame we don't have anyone like Ulloa in the squad. In hindsight he was overshadowed a bit by Vardy but proved to be a very usefrul player.

I'd rather go into this with prime Ulloa than Perez or Ihanacho for the next few weeks. Am I looking at the past with blue tinted glasses on there?

Not at all. If anything it sounds like you didn't appreciate Ulloa enough at the time.

We've missed him ever since he left

I think Perez given a few games will do ok, he did well at Newcastle when playing the number 9 roll including scoring a good goal against us.
We have survived without Vardy before and done well, we will also have to start getting use to not having Vardy sooner rather than later.

He scored goals in a team that never attack. Think he'll do alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757