Injury News Vardy - Hernia Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perez had Rondon up top with him.

Playing as a lone striker is a bit different.

Perez would play the same way Firminho does, more of a facilitator, which is why we need a bigger goal threat on the other wing too

Perez would play the same way Firminho does, more of a facilitator, which is why we need a bigger goal threat on the other wing too
I think Brenda’s had a chat with Albrighton about that. He’s taken more shots in the last few games than I’ve seen him take in a long time.

Perez could be a good option as a forward but not as a lone striker.

He doesn't have the instinct to run in behind, or the pace to make up for the lack of instinct, and he doesn't have the instinct to be a poacher.

Perez and Iheanacho both have instincts to come toward the ball, face up to defenders and work in spaces between defence and midfield. This can be very effective if there is someone else making runs to stretch the defence to create the space for them to work in and advance into, and give them a forward passing option, but on their own, as we have seen they just get smothered and lose the ball before even getting into the final third most of the time.

It's too predictable and the opposition will know all they have to do is defend with a high line and the defence will have an easy time. Unfortunately I don't think we have anyone else at the club who can stretch the defence for them to work with. Barnes' instincts are to pick up the ball deeper and beat a defender, so if we ask him to play as the more advanced of 2 strikers it won't be his natural game and he will need to be very unselfish with his runs, and we will need him at his best as our primary goal threat.

Playing both Perez and Nacho together would require a lot of coordination between them so that they don't both take up the same spaces and since they haven't played together as a front 2 before I would worry about that. And it would still require one of them to play an unnatural game.

IMO our best option would be to try and get Nacho to play as a poacher against his instincts, if he can be drilled to just keep getting into the 18 yard box and stay between the posts and be disciplined while Barnes, Madison and Ünder work around him then he might just keep the defences occupied enough to create gaps for those 3 and be a target for their passes.

I think Nacho would be more likely to succeed in that role than Perez as I think he is a more natural striker and takes up better positions when he is in the box.

Perez could be a good option as a forward but not as a lone striker.

He doesn't have the instinct to run in behind, or the pace to make up for the lack of instinct, and he doesn't have the instinct to be a poacher.

Perez and Iheanacho both have instincts to come toward the ball, face up to defenders and work in spaces between defence and midfield. This can be very effective if there is someone else making runs to stretch the defence to create the space for them to work in and advance into, and give them a forward passing option, but on their own, as we have seen they just get smothered and lose the ball before even getting into the final third most of the time.

It's too predictable and the opposition will know all they have to do is defend with a high line and the defence will have an easy time. Unfortunately I don't think we have anyone else at the club who can stretch the defence for them to work with. Barnes' instincts are to pick up the ball deeper and beat a defender, so if we ask him to play as the more advanced of 2 strikers it won't be his natural game and he will need to be very unselfish with his runs, and we will need him at his best as our primary goal threat.

Playing both Perez and Nacho together would require a lot of coordination between them so that they don't both take up the same spaces and since they haven't played together as a front 2 before I would worry about that. And it would still require one of them to play an unnatural game.

IMO our best option would be to try and get Nacho to play as a poacher against his instincts, if he can be drilled to just keep getting into the 18 yard box and stay between the posts and be disciplined while Barnes, Madison and Ünder work around him then he might just keep the defences occupied enough to create gaps for those 3 and be a target for their passes.

I think Nacho would be more likely to succeed in that role than Perez as I think he is a more natural striker and takes up better positions when he is in the box.
Sorry, Nacho is pretty ineffective and blunt in what he has learnt and practised in his football career thus far.

Expecting him to be effective in a new role that he isn’t familiar with is no different to believing in god.

Iheanacho is an interesting character off the pitch isn't he?

I was innocently googling about him thinking I would put together some stats about his scoring pedigree in his defence when I stumble across all sorts of stuff. For a 'devout christian' he appears to have some interesting interpretations of right and wrong.

Apparently, he has / has had six women on the go at one time, most of whom seem to have children by him and it blew up about a year ago and they then discovered each others existence. His ex wife (he's got a new one, maybe not the second wife) claims that the person he claims is his 14 year old 'brother' is not his brother but actually his son.

No wonder he seems distracted a lot of the time. Iheanacho is 24 - apparently. Maybe he's actually older than Vardy!

I was innocently googling about him thinking I would put together some stats about his scoring pedigree in his defence when I stumble across all sorts of stuff. For a 'devout christian' he appears to have some interesting interpretations of right and wrong.

Apparently, he has / has had six women on the go at one time, most of whom seem to have children by him and it blew up about a year ago and they then discovered each others existence. His ex wife (he's got a new one, maybe not the second wife) claims that the person he claims is his 14 year old 'brother' is not his brother but actually his son.

No wonder he seems distracted a lot of the time. Iheanacho is 24 - apparently. Maybe he's actually older than Vardy!
Sounds like he’s got a much better shot off the pitch.

o…kay then

I bet he throws stones at kittens and puppies as well, the bastard

Sorry, Nacho is pretty ineffective and blunt in what he has learnt and practised in his football career thus far.

Expecting him to be effective in a new role that he isn’t familiar with is no different to believing in god.
I thought it was clear in my post that I don't expect him to be effective, just hope that he can be enough of a distraction to allow everyone else to be effective.

I thought it was clear in my post that I don't expect him to be effective, just hope that he can be enough of a distraction to allow everyone else to be effective.
Playing someone to be a distraction seems a waste of a shirt.

Most times he plays he is a distraction for all the wrong reasons.

He can trap a ball further than I can kick it...

Commentators go on about it.... 'when Vardy's on the field, a defender can't switch off', 'only needs a half chance', 'he can be quiet for most of the game and then...' etc etc etc

Dunno how true it is. Do defenders really breath a sigh of relief if his name's not on our team sheet? I'm sure he presents his own kind of problem but I'd have thought defences attempt to deal with it accordingly, be it Vardy or Aguero.

Commentators go on about it.... 'when Vardy's on the field, a defender can't switch off', 'only needs a half chance', 'he can be quiet for most of the game and then...' etc etc etc

Dunno how true it is. Do defenders really breath a sigh of relief if his name's not on our team sheet? I'm sure he presents his own kind of problem but I'd have thought defences attempt to deal with it accordingly, be it Vardy or Aguero.

Would you rather be defending against, Vardy or Nacho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757