Confirmed Transfer Victor Kristiansen

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club is pleased to confirm the signing of talented young defender Victor Kristiansen from Danish Superliga side F.C. Copenhagen, subject to league and international clearance.

The highly rated 20-year-old, who made 24 appearances for F.C. Copenhagen this season, has agreed a contract until the summer of 2028 at King Power Stadium.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “It feels amazing. It’s really exciting to be here and I’m so excited to meet everyone at the Club, as well as the fans.

“The Premier League is probably the best league in the world, and Leicester is a top team, so of course, I was excited. It was a no-brainer for me to say yes to this great opportunity.”

A graduate of F.C. Copenhagen’s youth system, the left-back made his professional debut at the age of 17 in a 3-1 away win over SønderjyskE in November 2020.

He has since established himself as one of Denmark’s most promising young players and has made over 70 appearances for the club in all competitions.

Internationally, he has represented his country at various youth levels, including eight caps for the Under-21s side where he helped the team reach the quarter-finals of the 2021 UEFA Under-21 European Championships.

Victor will be at King Power Stadium on Saturday to watch City’s Premier League encounter with Brighton & Hove Albion, before joining First Team training on Monday ahead of next Saturday’s trip to Walsall in the Emirates FA Cup.

Back to signing players that will want to prove themselves. I like it.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “It feels underwhelming. It’s really odd to be here and I’m so apprehensive about meeting everyone at the Club, especially the fans that are part of the talkingballs community who appear to be a load at hvingere.

“The Premier League is probably the most uncompetitive league in the world, and Leicester is a team in decline, so of course, I was poorly advised. It was a decision of no brain for me to say yes to this "opportunity" .”

Back to signing players that will want to prove themselves. I like it.

Yep. Early impressions of the players linked under Martyn Glover suggest that we're reverting back to the only recruitment model that works for a club like ours.

Time will tell whether the horror of the Congerton era will ruin us for years or we'll be able to recover.

£20m for 51 appearances in the Danish farmers league, and zero caps for the national side.

He might turn out to be brilliant and I eat my words, but sounds like a lot of money to me.

No complaint with his signing, it will be a good one.
Now, we just have to hope Rodgers doesn't play him out of position!

Seems like only yesterday (well six years ago almost to the day,) that my Danish FC Copenhagen supporting friend was assuring me that the defender we'd signed is the "best player in Denmark ... bar none.

All my life's a circle etc

Cheaper, and more experienced than Fofana was when we signed him.
Great point.
The problem is him signing in isolation means he needs to be Roberto Carlos. If he was one of many signings we’d think that’s a decent bit of business on a promising player.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854