Virgin fibre optic broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Does anyone have it? Would you recommend it? What package and actual speed do you get?

Yes, Yes, 30mb and full speed. The superhub is shit for wifi so i bought new router and use the superhub as a modem.

As above, used it for about 15 years and the only downtime ever that I can recall was last Saturday for a couple of hours. Good web support as I just went on their site and inputted my postcode which then told me there was a fault in the area, an engineer was on route and when it should be fixed which it was done in half the quoted time.

Always get the speed that I pay for, recently gone from 10 upto 30mbps for no extra cost which is more than adequate for general internet use, online gaming, HD streaming etc.

Can sometimes get some pretty good deals through Quidco or suchlike so worth looking there before going ahead with anything.

I assume you've not had fibre optic for 15 years? Can't decide if the extra 30mb is worth the extra fiver when I'm trying to save money.

To be honest, it may not be far from that. I meant NTL/Virgin over that period but we were one of the first to get Fibre Optic in Leicester so would probably be around 10 thinking about it.

What is the one down from 30mb then as I thought that was the entry level speed now? Ours was 10mb up until a few months back and to be honest, never had an issue with using that either be it gaming or HD streaming or other data hungry tasks. As long as you've not got more than a few connections at once, it should be fine.

To be honest, it may not be far from that. I meant NTL/Virgin over that period but we were one of the first to get Fibre Optic in Leicester so would probably be around 10 thinking about it.

What is the one down from 30mb then as I thought that was the entry level speed now? Ours was 10mb up until a few months back and to be honest, never had an issue with using that either be it gaming or HD streaming or other data hungry tasks. As long as you've not got more than a few connections at once, it should be fine.

30 is the lowest but I can get 60 for a fiver more, just not sure I'll really notice for what I use it for.

Ah I see. Personally I don't see the need for the massive speeds for average home users unless you are constantly downloading stuff. As I said above I found 10 perfectly useable before and 30 is more than enough now but very rarely download stuff to be honest as it's mainly streaming now.

Depends on useage and how many people will be using the connection at the same time though it is tempting for double speed for an extra 5er!

Well we mainly use it for iplayrr and sky anytime and out current 16mb connection handles that fine. Will go for the 30 I think and save the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566