Walker next to leave the "sinking" ship !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkwolf

It wouldn't surprise me if Walker decided to part company with Leicester, just like James did when he left West Ham for Man City and now Robinson from Leeds to Tottenham. Surely Walker must follow suit if he has ambition and wants to prolong his England chances. I can see someone like Everton coming in for him. Watch this space. :wink:

By the way, this post is NOT intended to wind you up. It's purely an observastion by my goodself. I'm only the messenger, so please don't shoot me. :roll:

Your thoughts please.

Dorkwolf said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Walker decided to part company with Leicester, just like James did when he left West Ham for Man City and now Robinson from Leeds to Tottenham. Surely Walker must follow suit if he has ambition and wants to prolong his England chances. I can see someone like Everton coming in for him. Watch this space. :wink:

By the way, this post is NOT intended to wind you up. It's purely an observastion by my goodself. I'm only the messenger, so please don't shoot me. :roll:

Your thoughts please.

Everton have Martyn and Wright, so I doubt he'll go there :wink:

He's also stated that he wants to stay at Leicester.

I was thinking this, but what team in the premiership need a new goalkeeper that will be guaranteed a place in the team? Walker wouldn't leave to sit on the bench, when he's on a tidy wage here!

If Walker does go, which I imagine would be for a fee in excess of £750k I think Leicester will sign Steve Simonsen, you've heard it hear first. Rumour has it that Micky has eyed him up if need be.

i wouldn't be too bothered if walker went, he's a good div one keeper, but boy did he make some howlers last season.. and he's a high earner

letting coyne have a chance could mean getting in a midfielder to replace muz

regards

ol the se4 fox

Thinking sensibly, any offer of 500k to 1mill would be good, also wiping off walkers substantial wages would be very useful. Coyne will be an adequate replacement, but everton have released simonson and gerrard, both have proved in the past that they are good keepers

Why would a keeper need to play in the Premiership to prove he is England class?

I can understand that an outfield player needs to prove himself against the best players in the country but a shot is a shot whether its in the Premiership or Div 3.

Anyway, did Heskey have a sell on clause in his contract??

se4_fox said:
i wouldn't be too bothered if walker went, he's a good div one keeper, but boy did he make some howlers last season.. and he's a high earner

letting coyne have a chance could mean getting in a midfielder to replace muz

regards

ol the se4 fox

All Goalkeepers make mistakes at some stage, Walker made about 4 mistakes that cost us goals during a dodgy spell in January/February. But he more than made up for that blip in form, he has been excellent in the run-in to the season. I rate him, he deserves his place in the England Squad. There was no coincidence that he kept the most clean sheets last time we were in division one.

se4_fox said:

he wasn't the only one who made mistakes!!

if his 'howlers' had been spread out over the season people wouldn't keep going on about it.

if it hadn't been for Walker in the the games immediately after La Manga we would've been relegated a LOT sooner IMO.

Part Company - Fart Comfortably IMO

Walker won't go.

Lboro fox said:
Thinking sensibly, any offer of 500k to 1mill would be good, also wiping off walkers substantial wages would be very useful. Coyne will be an adequate replacement, but everton have released simonson and gerrard, both have proved in the past that they are good keepers

we wouldn't get a million. if a team didn't want simonsen or gerrard on a free, they could have haggled with leeds for £1.5m for robinson.

if walker goes it'll be on the cheap - it's all about wages these days

oh and he has a silly haircut

regards

ol the se4 fox

The only place I could see Walker going to is Southampton IF Niemi left.

highland fox said:
The only place I could see Walker going to is Southampton IF Niemi left.

....which isn't going to happen as Niemi says he wants to stay. Walker bought a new house in Surrey by the way.

I know a friend of his very well and to be honest he's very settled at City and doesn't want to go. After the Villa game would've been the one, I know he had a crisis of conscience after that...

alex said:
I know a friend of his very well and to be honest he's very settled at City and doesn't want to go. After the Villa game would've been the one, I know he had a crisis of conscience after that...

He's played bloody brilliantly since the Bolton game to be honest - England's number one by a nautical mile IMO.

Niemi may well say he wants to stay but what if Arsenal come calling? you can never be that sure.

highland fox said:
Niemi may well say he wants to stay but what if Arsenal come calling? you can never be that sure.

I wasn't aware Arsenal were after him, maybe he'll find that too tempting. Will Lehman be Leicester bound? God I hope not.

Ricey said:
I've said it many times but I really don't rate Danny Coyne, whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or Grimsby he has had trouble holding the ball. We have to try and keep Walker because we will be far far better off with him rather than Coyne.

I think Coyne is a good stand in keeper but not a regular first teamer. Maybe if he gets a run of 10+ games though he will come good. Time will tell.

Ricey said:
I've said it many times but I really don't rate Danny Coyne, whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or Grimsby he has had trouble holding the ball. We have to try and keep Walker because we will be far far better off with him rather than Coyne.

Agreed! He punches the ball far too much, not seen enough of him to make a cast iron judgement but I would rather have Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757