Walker the Saint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Fansfc.com have reported that Ian Walker is a possible target for Southampton. Good thing or bad thing do we think?

What I think:-

Potentially Good - Wages

Bad - 'cause it's F*cking S*it News!!!! :evil:

Walker has stated twice that he wants to stay loyal at Leicester. Nothing to worry about.

I'd be sad to see him personally leave because I like him, but, I think Coyne is definately more than good enough to keep goal for us next year without him, and he is one of our highest wage earners. If someone offers us £1m+ then I'd bite their hands off to be honest.

Tom W said:
I'd be sad to see him personally leave because I like him, but, I think Coyne is definately more than good enough to keep goal for us next year without him, and he is one of our highest wage earners. If someone offers us £1m+ then I'd bite their hands off to be honest.

Steve Simonson. :wink:

He won't go. He loves the drive from Surrey to Leicester too much.

Tom W said:

I pretty much agree with that. As much as I rate him as a keeper, he is one of our highest earners, and with him going, it could free up some funds to bring other players in for key positions. Walker is on 15k a week plus, so we could get about 4 or more players with that off the wage bill. And if we get a subtantial transfer fee for him, then even better.

I think he is worth £15,000 a week. Muzzy was worth all he got paid. He is truly a brilliant Goalkeeper and maybe the last real talent we have at the Walkers. Stay Ian.

Let himgo

Walker is a liability. He falls over lick a sack of spuds and makes too many mistakes. If he wasn't Mike Walker's son and had played for Spurs I doubt he would be considered any better than your average first division goalkeeper. When was the last time you saw him talking to his defenders, organising them etc?

Re: Let himgo

PEN3 said:
Walker is a liability. He falls over lick a sack of spuds and makes too many mistakes. If he wasn't Mike Walker's son and had played for Spurs I doubt he would be considered any better than your average first division goalkeeper. When was the last time you saw him talking to his defenders, organising them etc?

Always thought most people that SAT in Pen 3 were cynical moaning B*stards :?

Walker

If he is so bad, what's he doing in Portugal!!!... behave, we need the likes of him and Thatcher to stand a good chance of a return to the Prem, after them 2 we lack in real premiership quality

i actually think walker is a very good goalkeeper and it has nothing to do with him playing for Spurs. and being Mike Walkers son means nothing to me the only thing i no about Mike Walker is that we chose O'neill ahead of him at the last minute.
Walker is good.

pds said:
[/list]

Class post. Best yet. :roll: :wink:

sorry steven completely fvcked it up and forgot to delete it. but don't worry i will now

by the way for any one interested with amazingly good eyes.
Look on my Avatar i am the one in the black on the left and my girlfriend is the one in the denim jacket on the right

We mighty aswell keep walkeron the 15,000 a week players than get in 3 crap 5,000 a week players who do shit all with people saying that they were free so it don't matter!!

Keep our good players it is our only chance!!!

As we are apparently after Steve Harper of Newcastle (another Toon reject :roll: ) maybe we are going to offload Walker this summer. :!: :? :? :p :p :wink:

Steven said:
As we are apparently after Steve Harper of Newcastle (another Toon reject :roll: ) maybe we are going to offload Walker this summer. :!: :? :? :p :p :wink:

That article was all speculation though, journalism by numbers, 'oh, Leicester have an England goalie, they're relegated so he might leave, we have a goalie excess to requirements....' etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757