Post Match Walsall 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game. We weren’t terrible. Was never going to be easy against an in form team. Fifth round here we come.

Fair enough.

New lad looks class, new Brazilian winger flying in, hopefully Souttar to follow, Maddison and KDH back. Maybe we can stay up.

Surely Nacho has to be preferred to Daka at some point?

Praet played well with some lovely crosses, interesting to hear the commentary saying BR will always play the same formation.

Nacho did well filling the pocket and the new lad looked very stable with great desire to get forward hopefully more to come from him.

Barnes and Thomas were awful

I’ve never seen a young player stagnate like Thomas has. He’s got a really good amount of top flight football under his belt and he looks considerably worse than when he first got into the team.

Seriously needs to make decision on his hair too. Looks dreadful.

The more Barnes plays like this, the more obvious it is he needs to mix his game up a bit more particularly when you see Maddison roving around to make things happen.

Walsall were on a good run, we weren't.
Playing at their place.
wasn't the walkover that many predicted, but that was down to good goalkeeping, shit penalty and crap finishing .

New lad looks useful , but I disagree with a lot of the harsh comments on Luke Thomas.

in the hat for the next round.
job done

Good old cup tie, that, I enjoyed it much more than any of the last few Premier Lague games

We were a bit shit in the first half, but much better in the second

Praet and Nacho made a massive difference when they came on, and the new left back looked outstanding, albeit he’s playing against Walsall

Tielemans was very poor but, feck me, Harvey Barnes FFS - ****ing dreadful, yet again

Thomas needs a good loan spell. There's a good player in there who has been flogged to death.

I don't think Barnes was anything like as poor as some are suggesting, he's just under the microscope a little more based on past performances. I think he did some very good things, especially in the second half.

Tielemens was ****ing hideous.

I saw nothing from Iversen to make me think he should be in ahead of Ward.

I thought Daka looked sharp, made some good movement but rushed the final shots…

I believe he could make a good Prem striker if we are patient…

I thought Daka looked sharp, made some good movement but rushed the final shots…

I believe he could make a good Prem striker if we are patient…
People said the same about Slimani. And Musa. I could've waited patiently for 15 years; they'd still be absolute shit.

A win is a win.

Two things I think we can all agree on today.

Firstly, that was significantly better than the Gillingham match.

Secondly, Patson Daka is a ****ing awful, not even League One standard, poor excuse of a footballer.

Daka still more goals than Vardy in the Premier League this season…

He’s 24, Slimani was 27 when he joined us…

Daka has made 40 league appearances (including sub) and scored 8 goals

In Vardy’s first 40 league appearances he scored 8 goals… luckily we gave him more time…

Daka still more goals than Vardy in the Premier League this season…

He’s 24, Slimani was 27 when he joined us…

Daka has made 40 league appearances (including sub) and scored 8 goals

In Vardy’s first 40 league appearances he scored 8 goals… luckily we gave him more time…
To think WBA offered us, £5m for Vardy
Imagine where we’d be now if so called fans had actually “driven him there myself”

Listen to you lot with your logic. Wake the **** up. Real fans make an instant judgement and we should have sold that Vardy bloke cos’ he wasn’t instantly great.

Barnes trademark style was tearing down the wing, round the full back and make a cross. He did not do that once today. Why has he stopped using his speed to beat defenders?
Daka may have lashed at his shots and headers, but he was getting in the right positions to have a go, just like Vardy does. I think he will come good.
Nacho had a great impact on the game. Great substitution. The Dane looks good.
Could have been 5 or 6 nil. Difficult to judge if playing on a turnip patch affects shots and crosses that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757