War (what is it good for?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Absolutely bugger all. Alas, it seems likely. Sad times.

True Joe, true.

If you want peace you've got to fight.

Peacekeepers, from Russia with love, I'm sure.

Sadly, as with his hero Stalin, he’ll seems to have surrounded himself only with people that fear him, so there’s unlikely to be anyone able to do anything about him

Bloke's a compulsive liar, an authoritarian and general pondscum. NATO is the problem. Russia's response to a country on their border wanting to join NATO is the same as America's stance to The Soviets stationing their missiles on Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60s. It's a non negotiable and western powers have known that for many years. The difference is that the US pursued a diplomatic resolution in the 60s, whereas Russia is quite happy to achieve a resolution through military means... the irony is, if he takes Ukraine, he will have NATO on his borders anyway. Basically we've poked him with a stick, and now he's flipped...

I was thinking that Lithuania doesn't share a border with Russia but there is that small isolated piece between them, the Baltic and Poland.

Norway was never a part of the Soviet Union though and we have been NATO members since the start. The Baltic nations being members of NATO are more of a thorn in the side to Russia.
Latvia seems a likely one given location and the large number of ethnic Russians and Russian speakers.

It’s so depressing. Just can’t get my head around the fact that this is happening and the tone of the rhetoric coming from Russia is genuinely stomach churning.

And then of course we’ve got Trump calling Putin a genius…

Newcastles new owners will probably have Gazprom as the new shirt sponsors next season, though I'm joking football is so morally corupt that it wouldn't surprise me any more if it actually happened

Newcastles new owners will probably have Gazprom as the new shirt sponsors next season, though I'm joking football is so morally corupt that it wouldn't surprise me any more if it actually happened
Doubt they’ll go out of their way to celebrate an enemy’s war crimes when they’ve been committing their own in Yemen for the past seven years while teaming up with all their besties: America, Al-Qaeda, Islamic State etc.

Doubt they’ll go out of their way to celebrate an enemy’s war crimes when they’ve been committing their own in Yemen for the past seven years while teaming up with all their besties: America, Al-Qaeda, Islamic State etc.
Yeah I guess but the world is so ****ed up it just wouldn't surprise me any more

Seen a lot of military aircraft going over this afternoon.

4 very high altitude bombers and some euro fighters in formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469