Was Milan There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

on Saturday?. Some papers are saying he was a guest in the Directors box, if he was i hope he isnt having second thoughts (or maybe he is blaming the ref like RK and the players ), he would at least be aware of the task ahead!.

yeah he was there......on a different note you werent in the matchday magazine were you :102:

Seen drivng down the Narborough Road pre match eg Plate 'MAN' something or other (not 'U')

Wonder if it took him hours to get back down there as well, as if he wasn't pizzed off enough

cant believe he used public transport...thought he mightve gotten chauffeur driven instead

Mandaric was seriously on the train? That's really weird..

You don't imagine rich multi-millionaires to travel on trains, first class or not.

LOW-KEY ARRIVAL FOR SPECIAL GUEST
BY ANDY MANN
WWW.THEBLUEARMY.CO.UK
10:15 - 04 December 2006

Quite what Milan Mandaric made of Leicester City's 4-1 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday is anyone's guess. Mandaric was at the game for his first visit to the Walkers Stadium since he began his takeover bid for the club.

Two weeks earlier the shareholders had given his approach the "green light'' at an extraordinary general meeting before the Preston game.

Now, for the first home game since that decision, the would-be City owner was watching the team from the directors' box.

But it was not the happy ending to the day that he and everyone connected with the club wanted.

The afternoon started in low- key manner that seemed to set the tone for the rest of the day.

Mandaric arrived at the Walkers Stadium with club chairman Andrew Taylor more than 90 minutes before kick-off.

There were a few hardy souls braving the chill of a December lunchtime to greet him on his arrival.

The former Portsmouth chairman obligingly signed autographs before making his way inside the main stand.

Inside the stadium itself, all eyes seemed to be trained on the directors' box.

The fans taking their seats behind the dug-out craned their necks for a better view of the man hoping to buy their club.

For the cameramen pitchside, their was only one photograph they wanted as they focused their lenses up into the stand.

Wearing a long black coat, Mandaric eventually emerged 10 minutes before kick-off with minimal fuss.

The photographers snapped away and two lone fans applauded the businessman as he made the short walk to his seat where he signed autographs for the supporters in front.

There was no pre-match fanfare, no major announcement, only a hint at his presence by City public relations officer Alan Birchenall as he read out the teams. "I know you will give a nice Leicester City welcome to a very special guest with us today,'' Birchenall said over the public-address system.

And it took just five minutes of the game for the fans in L1 to do just that.

"Milan, Milan Mandaric,'' they sang to the tune of Go West, the Village People song which was also a hit for the Pet Shop Boys.

Nearly two hours later referee Rob Styles blew the whistle on the defeat and Mandaric, as quietly as he had entered and looking deep in thought, slipped off into the stand.

For most of the City fans in a crowd of 22,693, his official arrival cannot come soon enough.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....tentPK=16103846&folderPk=77460&pNodeId=132401

Yeah, he got on the 1215 from St Pancras..... Sat alone.

Oh no he wasn't! He was on the 11.55, a fellow London Brancher spoke to him about how the DD was going. BTW, Alex, I don't know what you paid for your fare, but I am reasonably sure you would be charged less if you travelled with the London Branch - if you're interested, PM me.;)

Mandaric was seriously on the train? That's really weird..

You don't imagine rich multi-millionaires to travel on trains, first class or not.

Why not, Graz, how do you think they became rich in the first place? Also, travelling by train from London to Leicester is a lot quicker than by car, even if you are in a Limo.

Oh no he wasn't! He was on the 11.55, a fellow London Brancher spoke to him about how the DD was going. BTW, Alex, I don't know what you paid for your fare, but I am reasonably sure you would be charged less if you travelled with the London Branch - if you're interested, PM me.;)

Oh my apologies, it was a member of the London Branch I overheard talking about it on the train home, my apologies, I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00