Watertown Police Radio Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked when I heard that it was illegal to listen to the police scanner back in the UK. I can't see any reason why it should not be open to the public like it is here in the States.

I was shocked when I heard that it was illegal to listen to the police scanner back in the UK. I can't see any reason why it should not be open to the public like it is here in the States.

I'm not sure that it is illegal. I think it's just illegal to act on any information therein received.

I'm not sure that it is illegal. I think it's just illegal to act on any information therein received.

Just checked up on it and the law in the UK is I said. It is however as a result of the introduction of encrypted digital broadcasting by police services almost impossible to receive such broadcasts nowadays.

As a child I was given a radio that had the ability to tune into air traffic control which was vaguely interesting for a few days. Is that still possible / legal?

As a child I was given a radio that had the ability to tune into air traffic control which was vaguely interesting for a few days. Is that still possible / legal?

My mate had a military shortwave radio which his dad somehow acquired because he was in the TA, we had loads of fun messing with other radio traffic but it was a bit naughty (and stupid) if I'm being honest.

Yeh. There's a taxi driver we regularly use for airport runs and he's always banging on about on he's heard about our plane on it's way to landing.

I guess I was wrong. That will teach me to take anything 5 Live says as gospel.

****ing BBC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00