Post Match Watford 1 Leicester 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy. They were shit, we took advantage. Barnes, Maddison and Vardy were top drawer.

Ward was absolutely fine. As he usually is.

could have scored 10 if we had of seriously gone for the kill today. Great movement good goals against a team that had clearly given up.

can’t complain about that, did the job, got some goals. Still in the race for 8th ;-)

And as a Welshman Danny Ward gets some action ahead of our World Cup playoff final.

I do hope the Kasper thing is more about a niggle though. I still don’t see Brendan stopping his run of games, and I hope he doesn’t leave under a cloud.

For however shit we’ve been at times this year…Imagine being a Watford fan. ****ing dreck of the highest order from them.

Haven’t seen a performance like that since we battered Newcastle a few years back.

****ing murdered them in that second half, but they were a genuinely ****ing hopeless pub team, lower level

Late Leeds goal pushed us up into 9th.
And somehow our goal difference is now level

For however shit we’ve been at times this year…Imagine being a Watford fan. ****ing dreck of the highest order from them.

Haven’t seen a performance like that since we battered Newcastle a few years back.
Tell City Fan. He's probably got the noose out when we scored the fifth.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: “It was a fantastic win. It’s never easy at this stage of the season when people think you have nothing to play for. I’m proud of the players. They turned up. They were hungry right to the end. A good win for us.

“It was another unfortunate deflection from the corner which saw us concede. Our response was outstanding. The hunger and momentum and feeling the game was good for us. It’s how we want to play. We want to be difficult to play against with or without the ball. We did both today.

“We’ll definitely be doing something [about their struggles defending set-pieces] come the summer. We’ve tried different structures throughout the season. We were unfortunate today, it was an own goal by big Tim. Too many times we’re not getting first contact. We’ll rectify that.

“It’s also aggression as well. It’s all about first contact. That’s about the mentality and aggression to get there first.

“I thought the attacking part of our game was outstanding. James Maddison’s quality was sensational – his passing, his delivery, work rate was very good. We had that intensity. We were penetrating. We talked before about making more runs in behind.”

Leicester’s Harvey Barnes: “It was a tough start with the goal. Conceding from a set-piece, we’ve had a lot of them this season. We’ve got a good result in the end. We played good football and scored five good goals.

“Wardy [Danny Ward] is a great lad. He’s had to be patient. He’s shown what a good keeper he is.

“We probably missed [Jamie Vardy] a little bit this season with injury. Every year he bangs goals in. We can rely on him.

“It’s been a difficult season for us with ups and downs. We’ve had injuries. [Hopefully we can] finish the season well and take positives into pre-season.”

BR on Ward over Schmeichel:

"I have two number ones and Wardy has been with us all over the world supporting Kasper. I planned to play Ward on Wednesday but he felt his knee so we didn't risk it. Kasper was aware of my plan to show that I have trust in both of them".

Tin Hat on:

Watford had 13 shots, 5 on target and an xG of 2.47
Leicester had 13 shots, 7 on target and an xG of 2.32

What this means is that they were not very clinical with their chances and our keeper made some saves. It also means that Leicester finished very well with Foster being awful.

That's an accurate reflection of what I saw. They hit the bar and Ward made two good saves.

There was nothing between the two sides today except where it counts. We have quality finishers and they don't.

Watford had 13 shots, 5 on target and an xG of 2.47
Leicester had 13 shots, 7 on target and an xG of 2.32

What this means is that they were not very clinical with their chances and our keeper made some saves. It also means that Leicester finished very well with Foster being awful.

That's an accurate reflection of what I saw. They hit the bar and Ward made two good saves.

There was nothing between the two sides today except where it counts. We have quality finishers and they don't.
Even if everything else is true, you have to see why this sentence undoes it all. Surely you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363