Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the majority of the game. Shame we tossed it away.

Well that was a refreshing change.

We look great now the shackles have been released.

WTF was that 2nd goal

wonder if our goalkeeping coach will point out to the ego that everytime he does that stupid starfish thing they just roll the ball under him?

We have a £12m keeper on the bench that played well in the cup games, why not give him the rest of the season?

Sloppy start, sloppy finish, played okay. Not a great deal has changed from previous games but only a moron would expect anything significant from the off...

****ing brainless. They need shaking out of this stupor properly by Rodgers. Schmeichel ridiculous distribution at that time in the game. Rodgers was pointing long repeatedly not dicking around dinking it in to space.
He's got a job on has Rodgers to fashion a talented bunch of badly coached kids and old stalwarts Into a team.
Chilwell Maguire Morgan Schmeichel were awful today. Everyone else was carrying them.

As poor as anything we’ve vomited out over last few months with the exception of the goal. We did what we’ve been doing: playing the way the opposition wants us to play.

Quite what Kasper was playing at I don’t know. I was glad to see Morgan giving him a massive bollocking.

As a sidebar I counted 4 head injuries in that game. None of which handled appropriately and Vardy leaving with double vision suggests he was concussed.

One other observation: Maddison slows our play down so much. He takes far too many touches before releasing the ball.

Nacho is a ****ing disaster of a footballer and as soon as Vardy went off we were never going to score another. It was also disappointing just how many times Chilwell got into a decent position only to cross the ball either miles too deep or straight to the first defender. It was encouraging to see us getting players closer to Vardy and Tielemans was good throughout. We created a few decent openings but we've only got one goal threat really and it's a major problem.

Madison Chilwell Maguire Morgan ndidi ALL take about 4 touches before releasing the ball. Tielemans Ricardo Evans all show them up from a confidence in their own ability perspective

Nice to see us try that formation - we have two of the most natural wing backs in the League, but the centre backs we have simply aren’t good enough to play it right now. Particularly Morgan

We struggled to come to terms with it altogether to be honest, and actually lost width as a result, instead of gaining it. It certainly picked up as the game went on, though, so hopefully we’ll persevere with it for the next few

Stupid pile of shit from Schmeichel pissed away what would have been a well deserved point

First half was the worst performance I've seen from us all year. Second half marginally better and then we go and give it away.

If Rodgers was supposed to be able to come in and inject a bit of energy then he's failed.

Looks like we're back to square one "in need of a rebuild" but we won't give Rodgers the time just like we haven't given any of our last three managers the time. Sacked by next Easter when he hasn't performed a miracle and then the cycle will start over again. It is written, and I'm already bored of the story.

First half was the worst performance I've seen from us all year. Second half marginally better and then we go and give it away.

If Rodgers was supposed to be able to come in and inject a bit of energy then he's failed.

Looks like we're back to square one "in need of a rebuild" but we won't give Rodgers the time just like we haven't given any of our last three managers the time. Sacked by next Easter when he hasn't performed a miracle and then the cycle will start over again. It is written, and I'm already bored of the story.

He's had one game in charge ffs. Away at a team fighting for 7th.

Holy baby Jebus, it's one result away against a team who are flying. We'd have got a point had we got a keeper with a brain in his ****ing head. I think you need to calm down a little (or pop over to FT).

Frustrating to lose a goal so early. We needed to settle and build some belief and it never happened.

Watford were very impressive. They just over-powered us really. I like their manager, the approach their club has taken over the last few seasons, and the character in their team.

We're fragile mentally and tactically. No manager can sort that out in a few days or even weeks. We have to accept that these games give Rodgers a chance to learn who he can rely on next season. Results are of secondary importance now.

The Tielemans/Vardy combination was excellent for the goal. If only we could have done that more often as Vardy was starved of service again.

Although Maddison was poor, he was much better in the latter stages of the game for some reason.

It was a sloppy finish with a misplaced long pass from Schmeichel reminding me of the one Ndidi did late on against Wolves. Very similar errors being punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3774
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3962
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858