Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's calling for him out already then?

Or are you just making stuff up again and having to resort to swearing as you have no real point?

No one is wanting him sacked already but I think we are all massively disappointed by the result and some of us more so with the performance.

It was terrible and as worse as any this season, we only really started looking a threat once Gray came on who was inexplicably dropped after being one of our most dangerous players in the past 2-3 games.

Hopefully he will be back in for Morgan for Fulham as that is our strongest team and playing 3 CBs at home to a team that is pretty much relegated would be incredibly defensive and negative.

If you consider that to be as bad as any of the performances under Puel I can only conclude you missed a shed load of games where Puel was in charge.

We had far more attackbg intent today than in the vast number of games Puel was in charge of.

Let’s be honest, that was ****ing garbage again today. It was like watching a Puel team and if Puel was in charge still the ‘Puel Out’ thread would have been a hive of activity tonight.

But Rodgers has probably had two, possibly three training sessions with them. How anyone can criticise Rodgers after that is completely beyond me. Especially against a team away from home who are challenging for Europe.

However in my opinion it does show that the players had been playing for Puel and hadn’t “downed tools”. Their confidence is clearly low, and their life zapped out of them from the previous regime. Imagine the papers tomorrow if we’d have gone out and spanked them 4-0.

On the Nacho debate...

I thought he looked very good after the complete abomination of a pass to Maddison in his first minute.

He’ll come good under Rodgers.

"To concede late on, we need to manage the game better, because if you give opportunities at this level, people will take them"

"That moment at the end, we can learn from that"

"We’ll just learn to close that game out at the end"

Interesting. 3 seperate mentions in a pretty short piece.

Nicely coded.

Translated into plain English it reads: "

"Yes you ****. I'm talking about you. I don't give a **** if you're matey with the chairman, or that you've got the goalie coach in your back pocket (I'll be having a word with him too btw) or who you're ****ing old man is/was or that you're a former PL winner. You cost my team a point with that schoolboy shite & it's not good enough. Shape up sunshine, or there's a bench here waiting"

"To concede late on, we need to manage the game better, because if you give opportunities at this level, people will take them"

Nicely coded.

"Yes you *. I'm talking about you. I don't give a * if you're matey with the chairman, or that you've got the goalie coach in your back pocket (I'll be having a word with him too btw) or who you're ****ing old man is/was or that you're a former PL winner. You cost my team a point with that schoolboy shite & it's not good enough. Shape up sunshine, or there's a bench here waiting"
:icon neutral:

Nicely coded.

"Yes you *. I'm talking about you. I don't give a * if you're matey with the chairman, or that you've got the goalie coach in your back pocket (I'll be having a word with him too btw) or who you're ****ing old man is/was or that you're a former PL winner. You cost my team a point with that schoolboy shite & it's not good enough. Shape up sunshine, or there's a bench here waiting"
Well interpreted! Although he didn't play Danny Ward much at liverpool he won't be fussed about playing our £12 million reserve. Don't be surprised if Schmeichel goes in the summer and he gets replaced by Mignolet.

Well interpreted! Although he didn't play Danny Ward much at liverpool he won't be fussed about playing our £12 million reserve. Don't be surprised if Schmeichel goes in the summer and he gets replaced by Mignolet.

Not saying it'll come to that. It's more a shot across the bows I'd say. Up to Kasper to respond to it.

We were meant to see an instant positive reaction just from Puel not being here but on that showing we have regressed and it is a worrying sign.

One game in which we’ve finally tried something new, and it’s all a disaster, even though it’s the cock of a keeper who actually cost us a point

M17 reminds me of a story the great Joe Mercer used to tell. In 1958 he became manager of Aston Villa who were nottom of the league. According to Joe he lost the first game and was snarled at by a director for having done nothing to improve the team.

Homer is sensible but disapproving Every time we play against Deaney I hope we will get Homer writing about Troy.

M17 reminds me of a story the great Joe Mercer used to tell. In 1958 he became manager of Aston Villa who were nottom of the league. According to Joe he lost the first game and was snarled at by a director for having done nothing to improve the team.

Homer is sensible but disapproving Every time we play against Deaney I hope we will get Homer writing about Troy.

Your cerebral qualities always manage to elevate things around here David. We don't deserve you.

Carry on saving us from the dark (possibly the wine dark)

Don't see how anyone can take anything other than "more of the same" from that and given that he's only been here 3 fkin days how can it be Rodgers's fault?

The simple truth is that it is far too early to tell anything at all. People shouldn't be blowing a gasket. We're all disappointed. It's going to take time to unlearn some bad habits and to learn to play a little bit differently. It's not time for undue criticism of the manager and of some changes he tries to introduce.

So without making grand assessment of the manager and of his team under a new regime, just to comment on one or two points: I thought he was right to take off Barnes who had his worst game for City & was ineffective whilst Gray was pretty good most of the time & improved things. As for Nacho, I'd be shocked if BR improves him, let the lad go at the end of the season and put him out of his misery. Maddison continues to frustrate. He wasn't as bad as he was against Brighton, but he is still not creating enough.

Final comments: Kasper.... what the hell was he thinking? Why didn't he play safe? his team mates played safe passing to him, so why didn't he? In terms of positives today I'd say these were Vardy, Tielemans & Ndidi. There was no improvement in having a new system of 3 at the back nor was there more of a cutting edge in attack at all. But as stated at the beginning of this post, it's early doors. Let's give it time. Btw, as I believe Nacho is a lost cause (he's had more than enough time to prove this view wrong), I think we should head the queue to go for Fulham's ‎Mitrovic to play with Vardy. That's going to mean more changes of formation & tactics but BR will have a pre-season to integrate him. We need more firepower added to the team & that guy fits the bill. He's proven he can do a job in the premier league.

That was terrible yesterday. Worst performance this year by far. We created very little, if any, real chances other than the goal. Worst than most performancs under Puel IMO (and yes I've watched every game other than spurs)

Although I don't expect miracles and it will obviously take time for Rodgers to make an effect. What I will blame him for is moving to a formation that he's had 2-3 training sessions to implement. It seems very ambitious to me to expect players to play in a new system and understand it in that time.
I can only presume he sees this as a formation he wants to play for the rest of the season and is prepared to expect some learning time and results to with that.
(Incidentally I think a 5311 could be a good fit for our players)

The ball didn't make it anywhere near the 18 yard box for their winner. He dinked it about 30 yards straight to a yellow shirt. He's a liability sometimes with his distribution. He tries to be too clever when really any buffoon could have seen that his best option would have been to smash the ball down field as far as possible and watch Nacho try to control it by falling over his own feet.
I did not say the goal came from their 18 yard box, I was making the point that it will be very hard to break the mentality of how Puel has coached the players to play.
I agree completely Kasper was a tit for not smashing it right down their end.

I was patient with Puel, and will be with Rodgers.
That was terrible yesterday. Worst performance this year by far. We created very little, if any, real chances other than the goal. Worst than most performancs under Puel IMO (and yes I've watched every game other than spurs)

Although I don't expect miracles and it will obviously take time for Rodgers to make an effect. What I will blame him for is moving to a formation that he's had 2-3 training sessions to implement. It seems very ambitious to me to expect players to play in a new system and understand it in that time.
I can only presume he sees this as a formation he wants to play for the rest of the season and is prepared to expect some learning time and results to with that.
(Incidentally I think a 5311 could be a good fit for our players)

I was patient with Puel. I'll be patient with Rodgers. If at the end of the season he has matched Puel's points per game record I'll be happy, though the absence of a dead cat bounce means it may well take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757