Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed with the match yesterday, I was expecting far more from the players trying to impress the new manager, a bit like the improvement Fulham showed yesterday after even less time with Parker as manager.

Trying a formation change was an interesting way to go but on reflection I think he got the formation completely wrong yesterday, making us far more narrow as an attacking force and eliminating the threat that Barnes has been posing recently.

This is not the time to criticise Rodgers too much and I would encourage him to continue experimenting for next season. I would start with rotating the goalkeepers, Ward deserves a chance and Schmeichel has made enough errors to warrant a few matches on the bench.

For me we are good when the midfield three play well, both defensively and offensively, passing the ball well and working as a unit. I am not sure the best 3 are, as they all have positives and negatives but I do think this is his biggest challenge.

What I can't understand is why did (most of) the players not think it is really important to respond to a new manager by going all out 100% to show what they can do and put a marker down for the future, even if it's only to get a higher value when they leave? They all should have come off that pitch puking with the amount of effort they had put into the game. Guess next week at home will be a better gauge of what's going on but to me this don't look at all good from a team morale/motivational point of view...

What I can't understand is why did (most of) the players not think it is really important to respond to a new manager by going all out 100% to show what they can do and put a marker down for the future, even if it's only to get a higher value when they leave? They all should have come off that pitch puking with the amount of effort they had put into the game. Guess next week at home will be a better gauge of what's going on but to me this don't look at all good from a team morale/motivational point of view...

That's more or less been my exact thought for the last 105 premier league games, and don't get me started on the Cups.

According to some one here, the Premiership is so easy to navigate that a new manager can get a faltering side playing over and above its form in three days. Either that, or some people on here are arrogant enough to believe that we should be going to Watford and beating them fairly easily. Strange...

I enjoyed the 3-4-3 personally and think that's exactly how we should set up....

According to some one here, the Premiership is so easy to navigate that a new manager can get a faltering side playing over and above its form in three days. Either that, or some people on here are arrogant enough to believe that we should be going to Watford and beating them fairly easily. Strange...

I enjoyed the 3-4-3 personally and think that's exactly how we should set up....
It’s the Premier League.

Only since 2007. So it's a bit too soon to expect everyone to have heard about the name change.

Has it ever been called the Premiership? I thought the name change in 2007 was from the FA Premier League to just the Premier League.

I think Premiership is Rugby or Scotland.

Has it ever been called the Premiership? I thought the name change in 2007 was from the FA Premier League to just the Premier League.

I think Premiership is Rugby or Scotland.
It was called the Premiership at one point.

as it ever been called the Premiership?

Yes. Until 2007 it was called the Premiership in the UK, but the Premier League in the rest of the world.

From Wikipedia:

PeriodSponsorBrand
1992–1993No sponsorFA Premier League
1993–2001CarlingFA Carling Premiership[13]
2001–2004BarclaycardFA Barclaycard Premiership[13]
2004–2007BarclaysFA Barclays Premiership
2007–2016BarclaysBarclays Premier League[13][96]
2016–No sponsorPremier League

Yeah, I bet Ted Bodgers didn't know that

The complete tosser

I'm fine with a back 3. As long as Wes doesn't play in it. Assuming Harry doesn't feck off in the Summer we'll have Benkovic coming back with a full season under his belt, Soyuncu who's mostly untried & needs some games & Evans who has improved a lot in recent times. If Harry does feck off we'll have enough cash to replace him.

We can listen to offers for Wes.

Shinji will go, Fuchs will go. This is all good. I've stated on here before that we won't be doing much in the way of challenging for anything until all the title winners have gone. Vardy being the exception as I don't really see where we'd get anyone better in the short term.

Lets all continue to enjoy our memories but acknowledge that that's what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263