Watford (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Watford at home is a fixture that has ceased to exist so it doesn't matter if I put a jinx on it by starting the thread.

I expect to see changes. I reckon we'll see PVA replace Ben Mee, Ricardo in goal and Oakley will probably be replaced by Abe.

Then again, he might surprise us and give Berner a start at the back and put Tunch on the bench.

3-1 City but all too little too late.

Ricardo

Naughton Vitor Mee Berner

Gallagher King Wellens Dyer

Vassell Kamara

is probably what I'd like to see on Monday.

May as well get Tunchev playing. Give him match practice/see how he gets on in a competitive fixture.

Well, I might start off with a pint of mixed first, then if time allows another might be on the cards.

It's all just a bit irrelevant now isn't it? May as well play Bruma and Van Aanholt to save some money, since it doesn't matter now anyway.

I actually think this team could do well with a 3-5-2/5-3-2, but it might not even be worth tinkering with now since most of them won't be here next season anyway.

But something like

Ricardo
Naughton, Bruma, Vitor, Mee, PVA
Wellens, Oakley, King
Yakubu, Kamara

Wouldn't be that drastic a change in a way, but I think would suit the defence.

I actually think this team could do well with a 3-5-2/5-3-2

Don't you think there is a good reason that no successful team has played with wing-backs for 15 years? :102:

May as well try a sweeper system while we're at it too!

Last edited:
It's all just a bit irrelevant now isn't it? May as well play Bruma and Van Aanholt to save some money, since it doesn't matter now anyway.

I actually think this team could do well with a 3-5-2/5-3-2, but it might not even be worth tinkering with now since most of them won't be here next season anyway.

But something like

Ricardo
Wellens, Oakley, King
Yakubu, Kamara

Great shout, but with Matt picking up that injury, surely there's a place for Uchechi in the hole between mf and the strikers.

2-1-2-2-1-1-1 please Sven. Douglas, Heath, Watts, Howey, Rogers, Curtis, Lewis, Jarrett, Gunnlaugsson, Blake, Cort.

2-1-2-2-1-1-1 please Sven. Douglas, Heath, Gerrbrand, Howey, Rogers, Curtis, Lewis, Jarrett, Gunnlaugsson, Blake, Cort.

Unfair on Julian Watts otherw*s* a pretty crappy side. :icon_conf

Last edited:
really don't give a shit about the rest of the season now.
we'll probably win all our last 3 comfortably and miss out on playoff by 1 or 2 points.

But something like

Ricardo
Wellens, Oakley, King
Yakubu, Kamara

6 loanees there so someone will have to miss out. I vote Kamara -let him go back to London early .

id try the Vitor/Mee centre back partnership Ricardo for Weale Abe for Oaks Vassell for Yak Tunchev. Smith (gk) on bench + any other youngsters SGE rates
Ithink we will nick this 2-1 Abe to score one of em!!!!

id try the Vitor/Mee centre back partnership Ricardo for Weale Abe for Oaks Vassell for Yak Tunchev. Smith (gk) on bench + any other youngsters SGE rates
Ithink we will nick this 2-1 Abe to score one of em!!!!
Do you talk to Sven much?

Watford at home is a fixture that has ceased to exist so it doesn't matter if I put a jinx on it by starting the thread.

I expect to see changes. I reckon we'll see PVA replace Ben Mee, Ricardo in goal and Oakley will probably be replaced by Abe.

Then again, he might surprise us and give Berner a start at the back and put Tunch on the bench.

3-1 City but all too little too late.

I realise SJN Fox that a lot of people will agree with you and find the Watford match irrelevant but I am not one of them.

When I am at the ground I am not thinking of the table. I want to see Leicester win. If Leicester win by playing really good football even better. I will even (to baffled looks around me) praise an opposing player who has done really well.
It is the struggle and the skill that I enjoy. If that struggle and skill had got us promoted that would simply, have been a very enjoyable bonus.

I will thoroughly enjoy the Watford match - though I will enjoy it more if we win.

Seems logical to play both the Chelsea boys given the clauses in their deals now we have sod all left on the table to play for.

I expect to see Ricardo come in for the last three matches for Eriksson to see if he really is worth an extended deal - I can't help but feel Weale's finished his season (and possibly time here altogether) with yesterday's howler.

I think we'll win this though, it'd be pretty typical to go out and win all three that are left now. I wouldn't mind seeing a new system put in place for the last few matches to see if anything works well, i.e. Gallagher behind a front two for example. I couldn't care less about Yakubu and/or Kamara now, they won't be here next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363