We are Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Let's get used to the fact we are a club that will lose our Jadon Sancho (Chilwell) or our Aubameyang (Mahrez) each season but maintain our position near the top. We need to trust the excellent replenishment of the squad and the bringing on of young players like Sowah and KDH and go with it.

Mate.

Mate, really.

That's about as ****ing ludicrous a pair of comparisons as I've ever seen. You've had a nightmare here to be hones
21 yo england international bought by top club for £50m + was the comparison
Mahrez vs Aubameyang = left footed forward in the same goalscoring and value bracket.
not like for like player comparisons just examples of how they sell massive stars each year and replenish.
its not rocket science its just a comparison that will increasingly get made if we continue on a similar business model to them.

Other than always being in the Champions League and the Bundesliga being a completely different kettle of fish… it is a fair comparison.

OK. we arent in anyway like another club in another league who sell their most saleable asset each year and reinvest. in any way. you are all very knowledgeable people and very attractive and succesful to boot.

Don't listen to these useless bunch of scrotums Sparky.

Most of them have been posting on here for centuries and still haven't made a good post.

21 yo england international bought by top club for £50m + was the comparison
Mahrez vs Aubameyang = left footed forward in the same goalscoring and value bracket.
not like for like player comparisons just examples of how they sell massive stars each year and replenish.
its not rocket science its just a comparison that will increasingly get made if we continue on a similar business model to them.
Mate.

I love ya baby but give this up. Just... please....

OK. we arent in anyway like another club in another league who sell their most saleable asset each year and reinvest. in any way. you are all very knowledgeable people and very attractive and succesful to boot.
Oh come on sparky, give us a hug :056:

I have been thinking along similar lines for a while.

They have become a very attractive club for outstanding young players and managers to break through and confirm themselves as world class performers.

Whilst this means that they eventually move on to so called 'super clubs', having them for 3/4/5 seasons gives us the opportunity to watch world class players playing for our club.

Another comparible club may be RB Leipzig?

I can see a likeness of sorts, I suppose that the challenge will be to stay in this position as the likes of Everton and West Ham would covet it if they were better run.

You could also say that Spurs were in this position, and they managed to get all the way to a Big Cup final, but seem to have spunked it all on a new stadium and a win-things-quick scheme involving an inappropriate manager.

There might be a salutary lesson in that

Dortmund have played in the Champions League 9 out of the last 10 seasons.

How are we like them again?

At least we're not Coventry. Or Derby. Or Notts Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263