weekend challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Little did i know that the pepsi challenge was actually a challenge for me to stay awake all weekend !! I should have known when myself and a few mates walked down Filbert way alone!!! an eerie silence had fallen over the walkers temple. Stewards lined the outer perimeter of the stadium we had to walk miles to find a turnstile open but alas when we did......it was cash only so on we went eventually getting in more or less opposite where we sit :cry: never mind time for a pie ..no carpet burger ?.....no any food ?.....no sorry no food :twisted:on to the game real mallorca v maritimo not a bad contest which majorca won on pens i did however think maritimo were the better side especially wesley snipes who looked quite handy (MA take note). Then the big one East bengal v leicester reserves :roll: ever get the feeling you've been ripped off!!! leicester managed to sneak through but should have conceded a penalty when mr pressman sat on one of the bengal lads who survived only because another bengal defefender hit pressman repeatedly with a large bamboo stick and shouted at him to " stand !!" the atmosphere increased slightly when a soweto national choir hired by paul mace turned up and began to sing and clap to what sounded like a heinz soup advert ....very strange indeed.

day two in the big brother stadium :roll:
having been informed yesterday by a steward about the 15000 crowd for
sunday we arrived in good heart only to walk to an empty stadium again once inside we noticed that there were probably less than saturday !!!!!!
maritimo v east bengal ????? no i think i will stay down on the concourse and indulge in a few bevvies cant put it off any longer up to the seat second half nearly done maritimo 4 east bengal 0 (wesley looked handy again). then......THE BIG ONE leicester v real mallorca only this time i actually recognised some of the city players.Dublin looking superb in the air connelly being a handfull makin solid at the back suddenly i was sitting up in my seat and actually enjoying myself :shock: passing,movement oooohhh how i had waited for this spirits raised bring on the hammers a solid 4-2 win with a cracking goal from williams.time for one in the 1884 ..nice leather sofa's :wink: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice to see you enjoyed your sen Lazzer.

cheers rov well worth £35 just to see such famous posters(OR EX POSTERS :roll: ) as scowy craig ashov homer237 billyboy & leeH :roll: :wink:

It was a complete embarrassment, wasn't it ?

I watched it on telly on Saturday, but stupidly went down on Sunday. I should have stayed at home.

No way was there 5,000 + there. It was like a morgue, and it was such a shame to see the players have to perform in a near empty stadium

So lets be generous and assume 5,000 did actually turn up for both days (maybe they were all buying hot dogs or something). That's 10,000 people over two days - less the costs of running the stadium for two days.

Compare that with attracting one big team for a one off match, where we would have got 15,000 at least IMO. We've seen Ajax, Valencia, Inter etc. over here playing shite teams - we could have got in there and actually given the fans something good to go and watch. If this whole thing was a money making exercise then do the maths, Mr Mace and then do the honourable thing. Fat chance

As for the footy I watched, I was greatly encouraged by some of our new boys. Comments as follows:

Dublin/Connolly - have the makings of a shit hot partnership to me. If Connolly keeps his head right he will score a hatful
Williams - has great potential and could be good. Does need a decent partner alongside him, though, and not sure it's Nalis
Wilcox - looks good coming forward, but will NEVER EVER make a left back as long as he lives. I think we have a big weakness here, as you could say the same thing about Stewart in the past
Makin - looks solid, and that will do
Gudjonsson - likes to have a shot, but gave the ball away repeatedly. He didn't look match fit at all, though, so I hope that was the cause
Blake - can't stand the fat bastard, but he did win everything in the air and did actually look OK

others to note:
Gemmill looked solid enough for me, and we should sign him up as cover
Stearman looked outstanding on Saturday. I know we were only playing shite, but he looks the dogs bollox
Heath played shite, and shouldn't play next week
Canero played shite, and I don't think he'll play either
Morris flattered a bit, drifted in and out the game, but looked promising down the left flank

All in all we looked Ok coming forward, but well dodgy at the back.

But as I came away from the ground, all I had in my mind was anger for Mace, yet again. This event was a complete disaster, and in any other job he would be out the door.

What great Cock and Roll Swindle

It was the most disorganised event i have ever attended mace needs to go on a few customer service courses and as you put it homer i did actually feel embarrassed.also a special mention to the spectacled woman steward who threatened to chuck my mate for taking a photograph of his son in the stands :roll:

Well when Homer and Lazzer are slagging it off then I have to take the criticisms seriously. It would seem that trying to screw the fans over is now part of the new business plan. :roll: :oops:

At the end of the day it was a PR exercise to encourage more asian people to attend games which consisdering the amount of untapped punters in leicester is an obvious business stategy and one i would welcome.However i dont think it achieved its goal it was over priced and therefore people stayed away.I know i didnt have to go and with hindsight i probably wouldnt have gone. but i know for a fact that a substantial part of that crowd had been given free or reduced tickets for political reasons and as a working class man i dont see why i should pay £35 and others not
like it has been said before we should have had one off match with likes of inter milan and the ground would have been full.but that was not the aim here it was about scoring points :wink:

My thoughts on Sunday's performance:

Walker - Usual performance, seems fit and made the usual good saves.

Wilcox - HE IS NOT A LEFT BACK. He was awful, at fault for the goal and was turned inside out every time someone approached him with the ball.

Heath - passed the ball about a bit more than usual, I still can't believe that a player so tall misses so many headers. Looked keen at least and made a few well-timed tackles in the box... but should stop mimicking Dabizas in how he handles players.

Dabizas - not as good as Saturday, leaning on and pulling at other players as usual, but still good when trying to help with an attack.

Makin - wasn't overly impressed, seemed solid enough.

Stewart - was lucky with his goal but took it well, was caught offside a few times but at least that means he was moving forward, looked better in defence and attack than Wilcox and held off a few players to force goal-kicks rather than crosses. Overall was happy with his performance.

Williams - whoever said he can't tackle lied, it might not be his strength but he managed to win the ball quite a few times. Took his goal well and will hopefully score a few this season, made some dangerous runs into the box.

Nalis - looked very good, very eager to impress. He also won some tackles, did some good heading and looked very quick.

Scowcroft - looked sharp, played well, can see why he gets picked for every match if this is how he usually performs in training. 'Cheeky' goal.

Connolly - He's definitely the new, younger, better, Dickov. He even has the offside thing down, and he heads the ball much better, he will be a fan favourite after the first game.

Dublin - Looked better in defence than in attack (until he conceded the penalty), saved a certain goal in the first half - when he was playing as a striker - and had a few attempts, hit the bar and was offside quite a few times.

Subs:

Blake - Well.... he had a couple of chances, but really I wasn't impressed... Doesn't seem to want to jump for the ball, doesn't put a quick cross in and more than once wasted an opportunity by stopping and considering his options while the box filled with defenders. Not impressed.

Gudjonsson - fought for lots of balls, didn't get a chance to shoot like on he did on Saturday but managed some wonderful long pinpoint passes, NOT hoof kind of passes though, always eager to go through the midfield and made some good on-the-ground passes too. Played on the right wing and seemed relatively comfortable there so could play there in emergencies.

Gemmill - same as Saturday, added a bit of grit to midfield and held the ball up well.

Clarke - had nothing much to do, got a hand to the penalty but didn't manage to stop it... had a good goal kick, went straight to one of our players, but only got to display it once so don't know if that was a fluke or not.

To sum up: we passed it about more than usual and Connolly is brilliant.

Phew, I was worried about him but now I'm glad all over.

Leigh said:
Nalis - looked very good, very eager to impress. He also won some tackles, did some good heading and looked very quick.

He will be class in the fizzy. :wink:

Steven said:
Leigh said:

he did give the ball away quite a lot though he would do the hard part and win it then pass it back

lazzer said:
Steven said:
Leigh said:

he did give the ball away quite a lot though he would do the hard part and win it then pass it back

I thought he looked pretty good on Sunday. Made one blinding sliding tackle and generally looked more competent than I'd thought.

Tboy said:
lazzer said:
Steven said:
Leigh said:

I thought he looked pretty good on Sunday. Made one blinding sliding tackle and generally looked more competent than I'd thought.

that tackle you refer to he gave it away straight after i wouldnt say he had a crap game he just needs to tighten up :wink:

lazzer said:
Tboy said:
lazzer said:
Steven said:
Leigh said:

that tackle you refer to he gave it away straight after i wouldnt say he had a crap game he just needs to tighten up :wink:

I never liked or rated him at all. I think he will struggle again next year as well. Apart from the Leeds goal. I would prefer to see him spend the majority of the season on the bench and you can quote me on that!

nalis will do well, i just hope they dont play him and williams together, it didnt work playing him and muzzy last season, it wont work playing him and williams unless they play 5-3-2. i thought makin was excellent, looked composed, looks a very reliable full back. itll be great if we can have him on the right and tiatto on the left, hav a proper back 4 unlike last seasons 3 quarters of a defence.

Country Fox said:
nalis will do well, i just hope they dont play him and williams together, it didnt work playing him and muzzy last season, it wont work playing him and williams unless they play 5-3-2. i thought makin was excellent, looked composed, looks a very reliable full back. itll be great if we can have him on the right and tiatto on the left, hav a proper back 4 unlike last seasons 3 quarters of a defence.

I think you are right with that. I think MA will play Canero RB and Makin LB until Tiatto recovers from injury/suspension.

I could be wrong and havent seen any preseason games so am going on reports and other peoples feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757