Well done Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great effort from Bangladesh. Might have lost but it'll be a real morale booster for them. Interesting to see how they get on in the next test.

Scodger Cubs said:
Just goes to show you can't underestimate them! :lol:

didn't they beat the Aussies in an ODI??

they did but the aussie team had been on the piss the night before, think simmonds missed the match & was dropped for a couple of other ODIs that summer!

Simmonds = legend:038:

flashyfox said:
cannot believe Jason Gillespie has scored a test match century! :icon_eek: :icon
Scant reward for all the abuse he took last summer............

All together now..........

"Where's your caravan.........."

I'm not a fan of replica cricket tops. The one day gear makes you look like a twat whos forgot to change out of your pyjamas. The all white kit is ok but I just wouldnt pay anything over a tenner for it.

Hopefully the rest of the Bangladesh test will be washed out. It would be an embarrasment to the aussies if they didnt win 2-0.

They are looking in pretty poor shape for the ashes, bar Ponting.

CM said:
I'm not a fan of replica cricket tops. The one day gear makes you look like a twat whos forgot to change out of your pyjamas. The all white kit is ok but I just wouldnt pay anything over a tenner for it.

Hopefully the rest of the Bangladesh test will be washed out. It would be an embarrasment to the aussies if they didnt win 2-0.

They are looking in pretty poor shape for the ashes, bar Ponting.

What makes you think that.:102: They just won 3-0 away in South Africa.The Ashes series was probaly the best you will see, but everything was in our favour. I expect the series down under to be far tougher with the Aussies smarting for revenge. Even a below par Aussie side on their own patch will be a tough ask for England.

Scodger Cubs said:
Very embarrassing for Bangladesh :lol:

And the ICC. Makes a mockery of test cricket (even with the close shave in the last test). These tests should be excluded from all records.

Brauny Blue said:
What makes you think that.:102: They just won 3-0 away in South Africa.The Ashes series was probaly the best you will see, but everything was in our favour. I expect the series down under to be far tougher with the Aussies smarting for revenge. Even a below par Aussie side on their own patch will be a tough ask for England.

I agree. Another year and I think the Aussies will be in a bad shape but at the moment they are massive favourites. We won the Ashes because we played to our very best with brilliantly worked out plans that were executed perfectly - and we barely had an injury all summer. It will be completely different down under.

I think a few wins agaisnt SA are papering over the cracks somewhat. SA are currently ranked 6th so are nothing special. Bangladesh are still quite a poor side and beating the 'World XI' wasn't a surprise as those kind of exhibition sides never seem to do well.

The way I see it, they have an uncertain team at the moment. They must have picked about 20 players since the end of the ashes. They've ran out of options so they've gone back to Clarke, Martyn and Gillespie who were all awful in the ashes.

If they put out the same side that is facing Bangladesh at the moment, I would be pretty happy tbh.

I agree CM even though the Aussies will start favourites in the winter virtually every player in their team has seen better days.

They appear to have no new pacemen coming thorugh at all - I don't think Clark will run through our batting like he did the South Africans.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669