Injury News Wellens out for 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe not...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17860492

Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens could be out until the early stages of next season after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury.
The 32-year-old, who limped off against West Ham on Monday, has a partial tear.
"If surgery is involved we could be looking at September or October. But if it is treatable, he could be back for pre-season," said boss Nigel Pearson.

Or maybe not...

Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens could be out until the early stages of next season after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury.
"If surgery is involved we could be looking at September or October. But if it is treatable, he could be back for pre-season," said boss Nigel Pearson.

6 months too late imo

Bollocks, who will take him off our hands now?

Or maybe not...

I'm not at all surprised. In a few games he seems to have stayed on the pitch longer than he should have done after a pull-up/knock. I particularly noted it at Millwall when he stubbornly stayed on until his effectiveness quotient was down to about 10% before he finally departed the action. The body can onlly take so much damage before it needs repair and a proper rest.

You could tell it was a bad one as soon as it happened and to be fair to him, most other players would have gone off on a stretcher.

I'd be surprised if he plays again to be honest but looks like I'm in the minority that thinks that would be a shame.

Whilst I don't think he's our greatest asset, that's another central midfielder gone.

You could tell it was a bad one as soon as it happened and to be fair to him, most other players would have gone off on a stretcher.

I'd be surprised if he plays again to be honest but looks like I'm in the minority that thinks that would be a shame.

I think it'd be a shame as well. When he and King went off against WHU we were overrun. We were probably going to sign his replacement/eventual replacement in the summer anyway, but I still think on his day he's a class player.

Last edited:
If Pearson stays then I have no doubt that Wellens would have been leading the midfield, and probably the team, on the opening day of the season

Whilst I have no wish to celebrate Wellens' misfortune, this at least makes sure that the manager has to focus on doing something different

And that is to be warmly welcomed

Neil Danns and Danny Drinkwater, that's the central midfield two for me.

I'm not sure that DD is a suitable CM for a top-2 Championship team, which is what we're striving/hoping/desperate for. We need someone with a bit more quality/grit/experience.

And not f*cking Bamba.

Probably finished him.

Sad when injury like this occurs late in a career. I sense that with Wellens heavy mileage this is a career ender.

He has been a very good footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758