We're down

With contract situations as they are, we can shed a massive amount off our wage bill. Most, if not all of our players will have relegation clauses leading to wage reductions in their contract and we will have at least two assets in Barnes and Maddison that will fetch big sums of cash. We will reduce staff and, with travel now free flowing again, KP will hardly be short of a few quid. We've ****ed up massively, but now it's time to make a brave decision.

Take as many financial punishments as possible that don't lead to us losing points, but go balls deep to get back to the PL in one season. For that, we need to hold on to some of our squad and employ a manager who knows that Championship inside out.

Buy an actual striker and a goalkeeper and invest in some creativity to replace the inevitable loss of Maddison and Barnes. Hold on to Faes, Ricardo, Souttar, Thomas, Castagne, Justin, Alves, Mendy (if possible) KDH and Vardy or Nacho and there's an excellent spine to build around. Yes, I like everyone else, ****ing hate most of thise ****s right now but I cannot ignore the way they have been thrown under several buses by Rodgers and had their creativity beaten out of them. It is no coincidence what has happened to so many players this season; Ndidi, Castagne, Vardy, KDH and many others haven't forgotten how to play football overnight; they've been shoehorned into a style they just cannot play by a complete prick of a manager who had mates instead of bosses. They could prove to be a very good Championship squad.
Agreed… and overhaul the entire management structure of the club.

There is absolutely a chance Dean Smith has got himself the job after the last two games.
Have you heard his RL interview after the match? I don't think he'll want the job.

Or perhaps who should be our Director of Football. Let's start at the top.
Yeah some of the articles coming out after all this paint Rudkin in a really bad light. At the end of the day he was around during our meteoric rise as well as this catastrophic downfall but the staggering incompetence he has shown basically because he bums Brendan, is worthy of the boot.....

The new manager appointment is going to be revealing in as much as it might indicate the direction we're taking next season. Is it going to be financial stability as a priority? A manager to hold the reins with the board looking to exercise more day-to-day control? Or is the 'ambition' referred to in recent articles going to see us appoint someone on a broader remit? Someone with a project, a vision etc.

Problem is, we don't have a huge amount of time. If there are board squabblings then we want those resolved/out of the way (one way or another) pronto. The last thing we want is the board playing silly buggers, infighting and doing nothing to move us on whilst the clock ticks and the new season approaches.

Hopefully, we had 2 plans at the ready; one for staying up and one for relegation. I would hope conversations are being had at this very moment to get a new manager in place, because they'll need time to be a part of assembling a new squad. As I said, we really don't have a great deal of time.

I know of two better teds

Father Ted and Ted from the fast show.

The only other Ted I know is on here.

The man who made a dreadful Leeds side even worse??

He's a dinosaur.
Yes.

Because what we need right now is someone who can shape this useless, soft squad into something a bit more brutal.

More than likely though we’ll hire someone with no experience of the championship and a good “philosophy” on how to play from the back and lose, but look good doing it

Yes.

Because what we need right now is someone who can shape this useless, soft squad into something a bit more brutal.

More than likely though we’ll hire someone with no experience of the championship and a good “philosophy” on how to play from the back and lose, but look good doing it
He's ****ing useless. Like I say, he made Leeds look even worse and I'm not sure that was even possible.

He's a complete duffer and couldn't 'shape' a piece of blu-tac.

Didn't read much of the reaction yesterday but been wallowing this morning. It's amazing how there is still a significant amount of people either thinking the Championship is easy and this is just a blip or just talking about how grateful we should be for the years we've had in the prem (not on this forum but social media in general). Forget about being in League One once that season was a pleasure compared to 2001-2008 which I fear is more what we are heading towards. The abject failure of this season cannot be overstated and I think it was Glyn who mentions earlier than even if by some miracle we come straight back up we go back to being relegation favourites again. Still a huge amount of denial in all areas.

Didn't read much of the reaction yesterday but been wallowing this morning. It's amazing how there is still a significant amount of people either thinking the Championship is easy and this is just a blip or just talking about how grateful we should be for the years we've had in the prem (not on this forum but social media in general). Forget about being in League One once that season was a pleasure compared to 2001-2008 which I fear is more what we are heading towards. The abject failure of this season cannot be overstated and I think it was Glyn who mentions earlier than even if by some miracle we come straight back up we go back to being relegation favourites again. Still a huge amount of denial in all areas.

The fans have been blind to reality all season long, even though it was screamingly obvious for twelve months (at least) we were in an absolute ****cluster both on and off the pitch. Every single thing shouted Red Flag, but the majority of fans were in complete denial, ignorant of all things - and mocking of and/or angry with anyone who said otherwise

The ****s were even stood there clapping this shower of utter bastards at the end of the match yesterday FFS

Why on earth do you think that is going to change now - they’ll go and spaff their load on the new £63 hideous shirt, and think that everything is perfectly fine

It’s not - right now we are completely broken on all levels

Kelechi talking after the game

A lot of Respect for this man. We will need him next season. Come on.

This analysis from GL exposes him as the armchair fan he is.
He does acknowledge that his pov wouldn't be popular but, fwiw, in hindsight I think you can see his thinking.

I thought Shearer spoke with a clarity about the EPL in general, and the 10 or 12 Leicester-like clubs that there but for the grace of God etc. Be careful what you wish for. It's a big fall if you try but fail. The Anderson article posted somewhere touches on that; make it to Europe and that's where the bucks are... jump and miss... it's a big fall.

He does acknowledge that his pov wouldn't be popular but, fwiw, in hindsight I think you can see his thinking.

I thought Shearer spoke with a clarity about the EPL in general, and the 10 or 12 Leicester-like clubs that there but for the grace of God etc. Be careful what you wish for. It's a big fall if you try but fail. The Anderson article posted somewhere touches on that; make it to Europe and that's where the bucks are... jump and miss... it's a big fall.
My problem with his analysis is that it bypasses any blame that lies with Rodgers, which let's face it, is the biggest single factor in our relegation.

Lineker’s a clueless ****, of the very highest order - RodgersWashing it all out of reality. What a total wanker he is.

As for Shearer, his analysis of our season, when asked, was ”Well, they started well….” - which tells you all you need to know about his ****ing glorious insight

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463