Speculation Wes Morgan to be offered new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely not upset that he would be around for another year, but sure as **** hoping this is more of a squad thing as there is no way we should continue with Wes at the back next season.

I think this would indicative either Harry is moving on in the summer, or he’s planning to go to three at the back permanently.

There would be no point in having five centre backs for two positions otherwise.

I think this would indicative either Harry is moving on in the summer, or he’s planning to go to three at the back permanently.

There would be no point in having five centre backs for two positions otherwise.
It could just be having him around as an old head with experience. He did well earlier on in the season and he's still not a bad back up at all but he may bring something to the team outside of the field of play. I like the idea of him staying on for a bit and it really wouldn't surprise me to see him become part of the coaching staff here in time.

If we get a huge offer for Maguire I would be tempted. I still think he is defensively vulnerable.

If we get a huge offer for Maguire I would be tempted. I still think he is defensively vulnerable.
I hear this from one or two people now and then but I just don't know what many folk want from him. No defender is infallible and he brings us so much more than most CBs in the league give to their respective clubs. He has saved countless goals this season with some exceptional challenges and clearances. Okay, he has the odd moment but no more than any other CB in the league. There's a reason top clubs will be clamouring for his signature and I think he would be a massive loss. We've no one like him, no one who gives us what he does. Soyuncu looked okay but let's not even begin to pretend he looks anything other than okay at the moment. Benkovic is doing well in a league where attacking football is a non-entity for the most part. Morgan isn't in the same league as Maguire defensively so that leaves Evans who has been a superb signing but even he doesn't offer some of the things Maguire does. I wouldn't want to be starting next season with Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans having Morgan as reserve.

I think Maguire is a terrific player and losing him would only be a negative thing. Like I say, the fact that top clubs have been and will be sniffing around him tells its own story.

I hear this from one or two people now and then but I just don't know what many folk want from him. No defender is infallible and he brings us so much more than most CBs in the league give to their respective clubs. He has saved countless goals this season with some exceptional challenges and clearances. Okay, he has the odd moment but no more than any other CB in the league. There's a reason top clubs will be clamouring for his signature and I think he would be a massive loss. We've no one like him, no one who gives us what he does. Soyuncu looked okay but let's not even begin to pretend he looks anything other than okay at the moment. Benkovic is doing well in a league where attacking football is a non-entity for the most part. Morgan isn't in the same league as Maguire defensively so that leaves Evans who has been a superb signing but even he doesn't offer some of the things Maguire does. I wouldn't want to be starting next season with Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans having Morgan as reserve.

I think Maguire is a terrific player and losing him would only be a negative thing. Like I say, the fact that top clubs have been and will be sniffing around him tells its own story.
Nah, he’s shit, clubs always offer north of £60 million for shit, doncha know?

Not sure whether anyone else noticed this, but yesterday, when the first goal went in, Wes was celebrating quite a bit amongst the coaching staff. A lot of the time, players on the bench don’t bother getting out of their seats, even if they are pleased for the team. It probably helps to show the influence Wes has on the group (and I see that as a positive thing) and it wouldn’t surprise me if he joined the back room staff, in time.

Not sure whether anyone else noticed this, but yesterday, when the first goal went in, Wes was celebrating quite a bit amongst the coaching staff. A lot of the time, players on the bench don’t bother getting out of their seats, even if they are pleased for the team. It probably helps to show the influence Wes has on the group (and I see that as a positive thing) and it wouldn’t surprise me if he joined the back room staff, in time.

Saw that and thought the same

Yup, same thoughts here.

WES HAS SERVED THE CLUB WELL. BUT A NEW CONTRACT..IM NOT SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT ONE.HES MADE A FEW SLIPS THIS SEASON .WITH HIS FOWLS PACE ISNT THERE ANY MORE SORRY.

He’ll probably only be on a few guineas a week, so it’s not too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757