Confirmed Transfer Wesley Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City is delighted to confirm the signing of defender Wesley Fofana from Ligue 1 side AS Saint-Étienne for an undisclosed fee, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

The 19-year-old Frenchman has signed a five-year deal at King Power Stadium and will join up with his new Foxes team-mates as they prepare for this weekend’s game against West Ham United.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Fofana said: “I’m very happy to be here. I’ve watched Leicester City closely since they won the title and they’re a top Club in the Premier League. I know I will learn a lot from the players and the manager here, which is one of the main reasons I came. I can’t wait to get started.”

Fofana made his debut for AS Saint-Étienne against Nice in May 2019 and has since gone on to feature a further 25 times in all competitions for Les Verts, impressing with a string of accomplished performances in defence.

Those displays have also brought recognition at international level, with Fofana being named in France’s Under-21s squad for this month’s Euro Qualifiers against Liechtenstein and Slovakia.

The 6ft 3ins defender made 14 appearances in the French top tier last term and was part of the side that reached the final of the Coupe de France, where they narrowly lost 1-0 to Paris Saint-Germain.

Born in Marseille, Fofana is a product of AS Saint-Étienne’s youth system and signed his first professional contract with the club in May 2018.

He has played four times in Ligue 1 this season, helping his team keep three clean sheets and reach fourth place in Ligue 1 the standings.

All I want to do in the middle of the evening is hold you tight.

Fofana, Fofana

Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Fo fo fo fo fo fo Fofana

1601638484718.png

Au Revoir Fofana!!! (from St Etienne fans)...

Does anyone else think that maybe Puel had a hand in notifying City that he had a potential world-class defender on his books. We cannot say, as we often do, that he has been on our radar for a number of years as he only started playing regular first-team football for the Stephanois last season.

Does anyone else think that maybe Puel had a hand in notifying City that he had a potential world-class defender on his books. We cannot say, as we often do, that he has been on our radar for a number of years as he only started playing regular first-team football for the Stephanois last season.

BR said in the press conference today that it was pretty much entirely down to Lee Congerton.

Strange feeling. This bloody transfer has been talked about for so long it sort of seems like it already happened a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well. Now I guess we find out whether he's a LaPorte or a Stones.

If we're lucky maybe it's only forward players we spunk money on who turn out to be shite.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758