Confirmed Transfer Wesley Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here I go...

Wesley Fofana is the best central defensive prospect I have ever seen.

How do we keep him?

Ok, here I go...

Wesley Fofana is the best central defensive prospect I have ever seen.

How do we keep him?
Change his name by deed poll to Ryan Bennett and then hope people get the two confused and sign the wrong one by mistake, after they see the headlines about him?

We have 3 of the top 10 centre halves in the Prem i reckon. Which is not bad as circa 50 start each week.

Van Dijk
Thiago Silva
Laporte
Soyuncu
Evans
Fofana
Gomez
Coady
Aldeweireld
Maguire

I'm not having Diaz, Zouma, Christensen, Rudiger, Tarkowski, Lindelof, Mings, Luiz, Dunk, Martin, Dier, Mina, Dann, Ogbonna, Schar, O'connell.

If defences are the bedrock of great sides I think we might just be on the verge of something great.

It really feels like we can qualify for the Champion's League this season, and maybe even do something a bit more than that. That's how we'll keep our best players and attract more

We have 3 of the top 10 centre halves in the Prem i reckon. Which is not bad as circa 50 start each week.

Van Dijk
Thiago Silva
Laporte
Soyuncu
Evans
Fofana
Gomez
Coady
Aldeweireld
Maguire

I'm not having Diaz, Zouma, Christensen, Rudiger, Tarkowski, Lindelof, Mings, Luiz, Dunk, Martin, Dier, Mina, Dann, Ogbonna, Schar, O'connell.

If defences are the bedrock of great sides I think we might just be on the verge of something great.
He’s made a great start and that but why is he now a 10 ten in the league player?

It’s horses for courses when it comes to centre backs anyway. He might look crap trying to defend on his goal line and playing hoofball at Burnley. Just like Huth would have looked shit playing for Manchester City in 2016.

He’s made a great start and that but why is he now a 10 ten in the league player?

It’s horses for courses when it comes to centre backs anyway. He might look crap trying to defend on his goal line and playing hoofball at Burnley. Just like Huth would have looked shit playing for Manchester City in 2016.
Top 10 centre halves

If Maguire and Gomez are on it, making that list is damning with faint praise.

Top 10 centre halves
I know, hence me talking about centre backs in the post. Not trying to be chippy or owt, just wondered how you’d arrived at that.

Reports in France say Fofana is a doubt for their under 21’s game with a knee problem

At the minute there are precious few clubs that would be a good move for him. A couple of the 'biggies' - Liverpool, Madrid, Barca would probably hold lure.

Beyond that we're the best place for him to be, I'd have though. Not scared of dishing out generous contracts, top of the Best League in the World TM, brand spanking training ground coming.

I think we'll struggle to hold onto him if he maintains and improves this performance over a year but I would think that, by that time, he'll be worth another world record.

Van Dijk
Thiago Silva
Laporte
Soyuncu
Evans
Fofana
Gomez
Coady
Aldeweireld
Maguire

I'd take Mings over about a third of those, superscout me old mate.

I have just found a word that rhymes with Fofana.

Aye Aye Ayeaye
Wes-ley Fofana
His talents are plenty
And he's under twenty
And he will take us to Nirvana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881