Post Match West Ham 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Thomas was excellent.

The ball from Perez absolutely ridiculous.

Rodgers using his squad effectively, fringe players with big contributions, Barnes on fire, Faes an absolute bargain.

Good stuff.

Last word for big Dan though. What an unbelievable performance from Amartey. Honestly he was superb today.

Two lovely goals, and a solid defensive performance. A bit like the Everton match where your cynicism expects a defensive brainfart before we capitulate but we end up holding on relatively comfortably. Credit to Rodgers for the game plan, we have been set up perfectly in these last two matches to frustrate the opposition and kill the game off with an excellent counter attack. And to get a win after that shite penalty is even better.

Nice win and we're looking very solid now.

A shame we have to stop now as I would never have expected us to be mid table now after our start.

Hopefully we can stick with what we have in Jan and strengthen a couple of positions.

This new Rodgers manager bloke is much better, it seems, than that Rodgers geezer that we sacked last month.

What a fantastic win. And a real squad performance. Amartey was flawless, Soumare was excellent, good cameos from Ndidi and Mendy. Perez, take a bow. Daka worked his nuts off and then Jamie did his thing. Solid performance from Thomas. Ward again assured on everything he had to do. Barnes frustrates the hell out of me every week and then scores, again.

And once again, well done Brendan on the lineup and your substitutions.

Nice win and we're looking very solid now.

A shame we have to stop now as I would never have expected us to be mid table now after our start.

Hopefully we can stick with what we have in Jan and strengthen a couple of positions.
It really should be a busy January. Would imagine a few outgoings and we appear to be setting ourselves up for a couple of signings.

The club will be tempted to sell Maddison (Newcastle will come in for him without a doubt) and possibly try and get a few quid for Tielemans. I hope they resist that until the summer.

Maddison is fine. Just heard Rodgers on 5Live. He was taken off as a precaution because he hadn’t trained much

Great result, rode our luck… but then we didn’t get much at the beginning of the season. Team and manager deserve a lot of credit. Hopefully add some additions with the Fofana money and build after Xmas.

It really should be a busy January. Would imagine a few outgoings and we appear to be setting ourselves up for a couple of signings.

The club will be tempted to sell Maddison (Newcastle will come in for him without a doubt) and possibly try and get a few quid for Tielemans. I hope they resist that until the summer.
If we sold Youri and Madders in January we’d be looking relegation in the face. We simply wouldn’t have enough creativity or goals in us. I wouldn’t expect us to be able to replace them with players to immediately slot in and win matches for us.

Just caught up with the match thread.
Which is always a treat post-match….
In fairness that's a throwaway comment from me before the match was over, next to a comment later on from someone who wasn't pissing the bed about the subs

Fantastic run. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong. It’s a shame to have the break now when momentum is with us.

Excellent result - well done Lads!
In another thread we were discussing the speed of Leicester players - I wonder if any one clocked Barnes as he sped past Perez for that superb through-ball on goal? He was really motoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757