Post Match West Ham 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish first half - delighted to we showed some fight to equalize twice. Cool injury time finish from Barnes - well done son, you only another 102 to overtake Gary Lineaker

Who played the get out of jail card? Because I thought we were woeful and deserved nothing. So lacking in energy and creativity. Vardy's finish was magic, I'm chuffed for Barnes (lovely ball from YT) but otherwise we did sod all. Nothing happening in the middle for us, kept losing the ball or giving it away. I'm stunned by the levels of apathy on display (except for shouting at the ref for fouls)

Second half was much better. Faster passing and movement. Chilwell looks a great player going forward and a total liability at the back. Strange really because nobody really stood out. They were all mediocre in the first and all slightly better in the second. Even Barnes when he came on was a bit patchy but he grew into the game very well.

Not a bad point really but we needed to win that to have any chance of 7th. We are in desperate need for a goalscorer, a left back and a winger that's for sure.

48 points bettering our efforts over recent years apart from the title winning year. What is our highest PL points total in all PL seasons (apart from 15-16)?

Other than 15/16...

The best was 55 points in 2000.
53 in 1998
49 in 1999

All under Martin O'Neill
Well, looking at our next few fixtures and the way we played during the first 45 minutes of today's game, we may not reach the dizzy heights of the points accumulation for 1999 this season.

Other than 15/16...

The best was 55 points in 2000.
53 in 1998
49 in 1999

All under Martin O'Neill
Thanks Jeff - we're not quite as good now as I thought then - Or maybe it was a more even playing field for the clubs 20 years ago

What have you been drinking all season - we’ve been complete filth all year, with that complete cock-end in charge
We've all need a good drink after witnessing the majority of our matches this season, but I meant 'now' in comparing our points results to the last few seasons in PL (apart from.. etc.). I fully agree that our style of play has been boring torture for the most part this season - and indisputably worse than anything seen under the MON reign. I hope for better things ( style of play and points gained) under Rodgers.

Didn't hear or see any of this game - enjoying an ice cream and fish & chips with the family in Cromer (no, not together). The stats suggest we edged it but the consensus is we were shit - ? A couple of questions as I'm a dumb **** at the best of times - Does this mean Hammers were shitter - or are we not playing to our potential? The way I see our games at the moment is Buck should be taking these as assessment opportunities (lets face it Europe isn't going to happen) but doesn't seem to be mixing anything up? I assume the honeymoon is over - is he taking us in the direction we need to go or is it too early to asses. I did like what Puel was doing with the youth but it has been said plenty of times that we need leadership and experience to take them forward.

From wha
Didn't hear or see any of this game - enjoying an ice cream and fish & chips with the family in Cromer (no, not together). The stats suggest we edged it but the consensus is we were shit - ? A couple of questions as I'm a dumb **** at the best of times - Does this mean Hammers were shitter - or are we not playing to our potential? The way I see our games at the moment is Buck should be taking these as assessment opportunities (lets face it Europe isn't going to happen) but doesn't seem to be mixing anything up? I assume the honeymoon is over - is he taking us in the direction we need to go or is it too early to asses. I did like what Puel was doing with the youth but it has been said plenty of times that we need leadership and experience to take them forward.
From what I saw, West Ham were fairly wank and we were worse.

Rubbish first half - delighted to we showed some fight to equalize twice. Cool injury time finish from Barnes - well done son, you only another 102 to overtake Gary Lineaker

It's Lineker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758