Pre Match West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our owners were anything like the ****s they have owning their club, we’d all be moaning too. Their fans are no different to ours.

Well, I was naively hoping CP might do us a favour but they're struggling to get out of their own half, so...

massive³

BRs team selection will be interesting.

I can't really see the case for making any changes to the side. The problem is that I think we need height and pace in the side against West Ham. They are likely to threaten us only from set pieces and breakaways.
To combat their height advantages, we'll need three central defenders or we will be in a mess defending. That means Amartey, Evans and Fofana will have to match up against their back three, supported by Ndidi marking Soucek.

For the pace side, I think there is a case for Thomas coming in for Albrighton. However, I doubt that BR would make such a call in a key game. I expect he'll play safe and Castagne will be at left back. Ricardo has just looked so far off his game that I'd not trust him either. So it will have to be Albrighton.

Can we get Maddison into the front three? I don't think so. He didn't impress off the bench last week and none of the three forwards have done a poor enough job to be dropped - to be completely honest, if one is dropped for Maddison it would have to be Vardy and I can't see that happening.

So, like I say, that all points to an unchanged line up.

BRs team selection will be interesting.

I can't really see the case for making any changes to the side. The problem is that I think we need height and pace in the side against West Ham. They are likely to threaten us only from set pieces and breakaways.
To combat their height advantages, we'll need three central defenders or we will be in a mess defending. That means Amartey, Evans and Fofana will have to match up against their back three, supported by Ndidi marking Soucek.

For the pace side, I think there is a case for Thomas coming in for Albrighton. However, I doubt that BR would make such a call in a key game. I expect he'll play safe and Castagne will be at left back. Ricardo has just looked so far off his game that I'd not trust him either. So it will have to be Albrighton.

Can we get Maddison into the front three? I don't think so. He didn't impress off the bench last week and none of the three forwards have done a poor enough job to be dropped - to be completely honest, if one is dropped for Maddison it would have to be Vardy and I can't see that happening.

So, like I say, that all points to an unchanged line up.
Madders instead of Perez.

Madders instead of Perez.
Agreed.

I think Perez has done really well in the number 10 position and I think he was our best player last week. But, this is a game to use our best players. And this season Maddison has definitely been one of those.

Agreed.

I think Perez has done really well in the number 10 position and I think he was our best player last week. But, this is a game to use our best players. And this season Maddison has definitely been one of those.
Maddison has been astonishing this season, agreed.
Not only has he been good, he’s been much more consistent.
He’s a better pick than Perez any day!

Genuinely concerned for tomorrow.

If we lose I fully expect us to drop out of the CL places.

It's getting very bunched up behind us and there will be at least one team who put s run together.

I would guess Liverpool will take the place of anyone who shits the bed.

I'm either going to be well pleased this after, or packing a sad that'll have me locked outside until I calm down. Or it could be a draw I guess.

IF we're on form then we'll give them a game. It's just that I'm still not confident that we can turn it on when we need to. We were worse than poor against Man City, and after watching Leeds yesterday I realised there's no need to overdo the caution, as we did, against ManCity.

Last edited:
We've lost 1 game away all season WHU have arguably got their 2 best players out, put Praet in the middle with Ndidi, Tilemans and Maddison in a diamond, dominate the midfield and win 3-1 (obvs JLingz will score)

Last edited:
Rice and Antonio both being out is of more significance than our away record. Stats mean little and get written afterwards; we could have 2 away defeats come this evening.

I'm confident IF we get the approach right and play to our strengths. We are a little patched up at the moment and our players coming back in are not guaranteed to be back to top form... depending on how our starting lineup performs, I could well see BR needing to tweak during the game. We're still a bit needs-must experimental rather than settled at the moment. We've got the tools but I'm wobbly over whether we can do the job, let's put it like that.

We've lost 1 game away all season WHU have arguably got their 2 best players out, put Praet in the middle with Ndidi, Tilemans and Maddisonas in a diamond, dominate the midfield and win 3-1 (obvs JLingz will score)
Ask West Ham fans and they'd say their best 3 are missing. The 3rd being Ogbonna.

I reckon Perez could do well against WH. He can be a slow on the ball, and require an extra touch, but I don't think that'll be so much of a problem today.

I think I would go:

Schmeichel
Ricardo
Amartey (scares the shit out of me, having to select this guy)
Fofana
Evans
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
Iheanacho
Vardy

This is really harsh on Perez who has been excellent for the past few games so I wouldnt be too upset to see him in over Maddison. We all know what Maddison can do though and he's been exceptional for the most part this season. Tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263