We've signed Martin Keown

Status
Not open for further replies.
why? he has played at top level, a very good player, and will be good for the younger players to learn from!

gloucesterfox said:

Never saw this one coming!
I hate the bloke to be honest, nasty peice of work but as he is now a city player i will look on the bright side and say he will bring a steely quality to the back four this year and he is certainly a leader!
With him in the back four i can see us keeping lots of clean sheets. We all know the pace of the fizzy league is allot slower than the prem so he will probably be better then Elliot.

We have allot of central defenders now i wonder who will start against West Ham?
Dabizas and Keown is my bet!

Good News :D :D :D :D

Well happy with that !!

Fantastic signing IMO, absolutely brilliant Micky and the lads well played, not only will he be a rock at this level, he will also teach the likes of Heath and Stearman very well.

Matt Heath must be gutted :!: :!: . Our central defenders will need Zimmer frames to get about the pitch at this rate.

Note to MA the future of the club is with the younger players not with old age pensioners who are well past their prime. I am not at all happy about this :cry: :cry: .

Same here Ian, I would never have guessed that!

To be honest I think Keown is a very good signing. Happy with that. I think he'll help develop our younger defenders.

Hmm Elliot, Keown, Dabizas, Heath - maybe Micky might dabble with withbacks, Canero and Wilcox will be perfect!

Just need Connolly to put pen to paper.

Ian said:
Blaarev said:
leicester_til_i_die said:
why? he has played at top level, a very good player, and will be good for the younger players to learn from!

Maybe this is why: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/scripts/news/details.asp?id=15085

Nikos not coming back after all

It says he is coming back??? Me thinks you didnt read it fully my freind!

:oops: :oops: :oops: You got me there, thought I was quick enough to remove it before anyone read it. The headline fooled me. Oh, well..... At least we have plenty of central defenders now

Blaarev said:
Ian said:
Blaarev said:
leicester_til_i_die said:

Maybe this is why: http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/scripts/news/details.asp?id=15085

Nikos not coming back after all

It says he is coming back??? Me thinks you didnt read it fully my freind!

:oops: :oops: :oops: You got me there, thought I was quick enough to remove it before anyone read it. The headline fooled me. Oh, well..... At least we have plenty of central defenders now

No worries mate you ought to read some of the howlers i've made!

Micky Adams has an eye for the older gent :eek:

He's prob a Donato in sheeps clothing. Whoever next? Dot Cotton from the the Queen Vic Rovers Sunday league?

Keown theres only one Keown, theres only one Keown!
Ugly F****r mind!

Wonder what were paying him?

I think he is a great signing with Elliott out for 3-4 months.

Without him we'd only have Heath, Dabizas and Stearman. I think the main reason we let Mawene go was the potential of Stearman and Heath so to have Keown there and help nuture the talent is a great advantage to their development.

Lets not forget that Keown was part of the last great Domestic back 4 and played Champions League football less than 12 months ago. Hardly a crippled old has been.

Personally i think this is a brilliant signing.... ok it's for one season and the guy may not play every game!!! BUT the big thing for me is that he has played in the most organised defense in the country for the last 10 years.

Last season we had the players but not the organisation at the back Keown WILL bring this, and without a doubt will help develope Heath and Stearman who in 2 years time will be an amzing central defense partnership for LCFC!!

Spot on Babylon, spot on...imagine a few training tricks he must know, he'll get Stearman and Heath in to shape - no doubt...brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757